Christchurch: Punting on the Avon
An iconic Christchurch activity not to be missed.
Admire the beautiful Christchurch Botanic Gardens as you are expertly guided gently along the Avon River onboard our Edwardian-style Punting tours. The waters of the Avon ripple by as you sit back on deep cushioned seats in a classic Punt while your Edwardian-dressed Punter guides you quietly on a 30-minute ride past trailing willows, woodlands, leafy banks and the sights of the garden city of Christchurch.
An ideal group or family activity, Punting on the Avon is an eco-friendly way to relax and enjoy Christchurch from a different perspective.
- Please note that Punts are quite low to the ground. Higher seats are available on some Punts at the park landing site on request
- You are encouraged to dress warmly and wear comfortable footwear on the day you go Punting
- A Punt can seat up to 10 people
- Blankets, umbrellas and hot water bottles will be supplied in winter
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult
Winter (1 April - 30 September, 25 December): 1000 - 1600 hrs
Summer (1 October - 31 March): 0900 - 1800 hrs
The boat departs the Park Landing Site every 60 minutes.
What You Get
- 30-minute Punt ride
- Live commentary
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from boarding site
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your printed voucher to the operator on the day of your Punt.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Antigua Boat Sheds, 2 Cambridge Terrace, Christchurch