Escape to a world of peace and tranquility.
Be enthralled by the panoramic views across the fertile Canterbury Plains to the Southern Alps. There is nothing quite as romantic and exciting as floating effortlessly over an ever-changing landscape. Each of the four seasons shows you a different side of Canterbury - if you have the chance, be sure to catch all of them from high above with Ballooning Canterbury!
- You are strongly encouraged to wear warm clothes and covered footwear as there can be heavy dew in the mornings and the paddock we land in may be damp. No open toe shoes, high heels or scarves
- There will be spectacular views and fantastic photo opportunities - don't forget to bring your camera!
- To complete your booking, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number, Accommodation Details & Weight of all participants
- There is a minimum heigh requirement of 1.1 metres
- Due to flights being weather dependent, the operator will contact you the evening prior to your flight to confirm if the flight is able to proceed as planned, and to confirm your pickup details
- It's a hands-on experience! You are actively encouraged to help the pilot and crew with the pre-flight inflation and the packing up of the balloon at the conclusion of the flight. The pilot will give you instructions on how to help
After your booking is successful, you will be contacted by the operator the evening prior to your flight, giving you details of your meeting time and place. It will definitely an early start to the day, as ballooning is best at sunrise.
Allow approximately 4 to 5 hours for the remarkable experience.
What You Get
- Hot air balloon flight over the Canterbury Plains & Southern Alps (approximately an hour)
- Refreshments after the flight (chilled champagne, orane juice, seasonal fruit and muffins)
- Complimentary in-flight photos
- Hotel tranfers from selected Christchurch hotels and accommodation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the operator on the day of your hot air balloon flight.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
If your Christchurch accommodation is in the operator's pickup list, you will be picked from your accommodation. Otherwise, you will be directed to the nearest pickup location. You will be contacted by the operator the evening prior to your flight, giving you details of your meeting time and place