TSS Earnslaw Cruise with Walter Peak High Country Farm Tour
Combine an authentic cruise on the century-old TSS Earnslaw with a visit to the Walter Peak High Country Farm Tour - the New Zealand farming tour like no other!
Farming in the New Zealand high country is a way of life – and it’s one you can get up close to at Walter Peak. Situated on picturesque Lake Wakatipu’s south-western shores, Walter Peak High Country Farm is an idyllic place to spend a relaxing few hours. The farm tour is a wonderful and interactive experience, with something to keep everyone entertained and happy.
You will be greeted by our rural host upon disembarking the TSS Earnslaw, who will take you to the sheep shearing demonstration, where you will watch the remarkable skill with which the farm dogs round up sheep from the paddocks. You will then proceed for a walking tour of the farmyard, visiting the holding pens where you can help feed the sheep and deer, and even get up close to the Scottish Highland Cattle. Thereafter, stroll to the charming old wool shed for morning or afternoon tea. You may have time to stroll through the lakeside gardens before you re-board the TSS Earnslaw for your cruise back to Queenstown.
- Bring along some cash to enjoy the delicious food and drinks on board at Promenade Café and Bar
- You are advised to wear or bring along non-slip shoes, warm clothing or jacket, sunscreen or sunglasses, and camera
- The tour is suitable for all ages
- The TSS Earnslaw undergoes annual maintenance each year (typically early June to early July). During this period, cruise to Walter Peak is by a smaller motorised boat
Walter Peak Country Farm Tour operates daily and departs at the following timeslots:
- 1000hrs, 1200hrs, 1400hrs
- 1600hrs (22 January - 2 February only)
What You Get
- Return cruise on-board TSS Earnslaw to and from Walter Peak High Country Farm
- Guided walking tour of the farmyard with various animal experiences and demonstrations
- Morning or afternoon tea (scones, cakes and slices freshly baked at the farm)
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from departure point
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the operator on the day of your cruise.
Terms and Conditions
Upon successful purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
How to Get There
Real Journeys Visitor Centre, Steamer Wharf, 88 Beach Street, Queenstown