Queenstown TSS Earnslaw Cruise
This cruise across Lake Wakatipu showcases some of Queenstown’s spectacular alpine scenery while offering you plenty of time to explore a piece of Queenstown’s living history – the century-old TSS Earnslaw.
Embark on a scenic cruise on the TSS Earnslaw Steamship - the only steamship operating in the Southern Hemisphere! Just minutes from the centre of Queenstown, you will take a leisurely 90-minute journey across the turquoise waters of Lake Wakatipu.
Relax as you pass by snow-capped peaks of The Remarkables, Cecil Peak and Walter Peak, completely surrounded by the tranquility of nature. As mesmerizing as the scenery is, make sure to spend some time indoors at the mini-museum and engine room to appreciate the historical significance of the TSS Earnslaw and its giant steam engines at work. If you'd rather, sit back and enjoy a glass of wine, beer or some café food at the on-board Promenade Café and Bar.
The TSS Earnslaw has ferried many famous visitors, including Queen Elizabeth, Prince Phillip and even President Bill Clinton. Undoubtedly, this iconic tour is one not to be missed.
- Bring along some cash to enjoy the delicious food and drinks on board at Promenade Café and Bar
- You are advised to wear or bring along non-slip shoes, warm clothing or jacket, and camera
- You can combine your cruise with a variety of activities at Walter Peak, such as a guided farm tour, or a gourmet barbeque lunch or dinner
- TSS Earnslaw cruise is suitable for all ages
- The TSS Earnslaw undergoes annual maintenance each year (typically early June to early July)
TSS Earnslaw Cruise operates daily and departs at the following timeslots:
- 1000hrs, 1200hrs, 1400hrs, 1600hrs
- 1800hrs, 2000hrs (27 December - 29 February only)
What You Get
- 90-minute cruise on the TSS Earnslaw
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from departure point
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the operator on the day of your cruise.
Terms and Conditions
Upon successful purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
How to Get There
Real Journeys Visitor Centre, Steamer Wharf, 88 Beach Street, Queenstown