Queenstown Shotover Jet
The only way through the Spectacular Shotover Canyons.
Embark on a journey with us to experience our Canyons the Ngāi Tahu way. A unique combination of beauty and power, it’s an experience like no other, blending pristine natural landscape with wall to wall canyon action from start to finish! Proudly owned by the Māori people of the land, Ngāi Tahu, whose connection to the Kimiākau (Shotover River) goes back centuries, they have exclusive access to the spectacular Shotover Canyons and no one knows the area like they do!
From the moment you leave the jetty, your adrenaline hits the roof. You’ll speed over waters as shallow as 10 centimetres, experiencing 360-degree spins along the famous Shotover River and deep into the Spectacular Shotover Canyons. As the only company permitted to operate within these canyons, it’s an irreplaceable white water ride.
Our high-performance boats are made for speed, travelling at up to 90 kilometres an hour. As the Canyon walls tower over you, your expert driver puts the state-of-the-art Jet Boat through its paces, riding the rapids and performing thrilling, gravity-defying stunts within a hair’s breadth of the awe-inspiring cliff faces.
- You are strongly recommended to dress for cold weather as the winds will be colder when the jet boat is flying, especially in winter
- Ski gear, hats and gloves work wonders in winter!
- Don't forget to wear sunglasses and sunscreen during the summer!
- You are strongly discouraged to participate if you have any prior neck or back problems
- Children aged 4 and below can ride for free without occupying a seat. An adult can only carry one child
- Children aged 15 and below must ride with a fare paying adult aged 16 and above
- There is a minimum height requirement of 1 metre for safety reasons. Shotover Jet reserves the right to increase the height requirement to 1.2 metres in certain river or weather conditions to ensure passenger safety
- There is no weight limit but you must be able to fit into a life jacket (larger sizes are available upon request on-site)
- For the safety of yourself and other participants, you are not permitted to bring personal cameras, video recorders and mobile phones on-board the jet boat. Cameras will be installed at the front and back of your jet boat to capture your wonderful expressions during the ride. You are welcome to stop by the gift shop to view your photos and videos
Shotover Jet departs every 15 minutes daily from 0900 to 1600 hrs
What You Get
- Complimentary transport service to the Shotover Jet Base
- 25-minute jet boat ride
- Life jackets (mandatory) and full-length spray jackets (optional)
- Personal expenses (optional)
- On-site photography service and video cameras mounted on your jet boat to capture your experience
How to Use
Please present your voucher at the Shotover Jet Base during check-in.
Terms and Conditions
Upon successful purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
How to Get There
Complimentary Shuttle Bus Service
25 Shotover Street
Please arrive at "The Station" Information Centre at least an hour prior to your scheduled jet boat departure time. The shuttle takes around 15 minutes to get to the Shotover Jet base.
Arthurs Point (7km from Queenstown)
You will need to be at Shotover Jet base at least 30 minutes before your scheduled jet boat departure time.