Christchurch: Punting on the Avon
An iconic Christchurch activity not to be missed. Admire the beautiful Christchurch Botanic Gardens or the changing face of the city centre as you are expertly guided gently along the Avon River on our authentic Edwardian Punting tours.
Refined, relaxing & romantic – Punting on the beautiful Avon River is an iconic Christchurch attraction not to be missed. The waters of the Avon ripple by as you sit back on deep cushioned seats in a classic Punt while your Edwardian-dressed Punter guides you quietly on a 30-minute ride past trailing willows, woodlands, leafy banks and the sights of the garden city of Christchurch.
An ideal group or family activity, Punting on the Avon is an eco-friendly way to relax and enjoy Christchurch from a different perspective.
- Please note that Punts are quite low to the ground. Higher seats are available on some Punts at the park landing site on request
- Dress warmly on the day you go Punting and wear comfortable shoes
- Please note that all standard Punt rides are shared rides for up to 10 people
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Blankets, umbrellas and hot water bottles will be supplied in winter
- No Child option is available for Tram & Punt Combo as up to 3 children aged 15 and below can board the tram for free for every paying adult
Winter (1 April - 30 September, 25 December): 1000 - 1600 hrs
Summer (1 October - 31 March): 0900 - 1800 hrs
The boat departs the Park Landing Site every 30 minutes
What You Get
- 30-minute Punt ride (maximum of 10 people in a Punt)
- Christchurch Tram 1 day Hop-on Hop-off (for Tram & Punt Combo)
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from the Park Landing Site
- Personal expenses
- Food and beverages
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- If you do not receive the confirmation email, kindly contact us at email@example.com
- Changi Recommends will not be responsible for the loss of ticket caused by individual’s negligence.
- The e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations.
How to Get There
Park Landing Site
Antigua Boat Sheds, 2 Cambridge Terrace, Christchurch