Learn about Anne Frank's life on a walking tour of Amsterdam. Hear from an expert guide about the writer's life growing up, as well as the history of the Jewish Quarter and Second World War.
Find out more about Anne Frank on a small-group guided walking tour of Amsterdam, led by an expert guide. Discover the city’s centuries-old Jewish Quarter in a small group setting while your guide weaves in anecdotes about Anne Frank's life and World War II.
You will hear all about Anne Frank’s family dynamics, their move from Germany, their time in hiding and her father’s life after the war.
Start the tour outside the Portuguese Synagogue, a 17th-century Sephardic construction that still functions as a synagogue today. Find out about the background of the original Jewish neighborhood and how it developed over the centuries.
Your guide will share stories of Anne Frank’s love of writing, the conditions she lived through in 1930s and 1940s Amsterdam, and how her diary became so famous. You will also hear about the Dutch Resistance during the Second World War and see where secret hiding places were located.
Over the course of the tour you will see the Jewish Historical Museum, Auschwitz Monument and the Anne Frank House façade. Finish the tour with a small surprise at a local Dutch cafe.
- Please note, this tour doesn't include a ticket to the Anne Frank House. Tickets need to be purchased separately
- If you also want to visit the Anne Frank House, it is advised to book your tickets a few months ahead as they often sell out in advance
- Children up to 3 years of age can participate in this tour for free
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Please do not bring luggage or large bags
Tour departs at 11am and 2pm.
Your tour starts in front of the Portuguese Synagogue.
Address: Mr. Visserplein 3, Amsterdam
Look for your guide by the olive trees and wooden bench facing the Portuguese Synagogue's main entrance. Look for a guide wearing GetYourGuide attire and holding a red GetYourGuide flag.
Metro: the closest station is 'Waterlooplein'
On foot: a 15-minute walk from Dam Square
What You Get
- Professional guide
- 2-hour walking tour
- Tickets to the Anne Frank House
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.