Find out why people from all over are flocking to Burma on this grassroots Yangon tour. Get in touch with Burma's unique traditions and culture via visits to pagodas, parks, museums, and markets.
Ready to see what all the fuss is about? Burma (Myanmar) has a truly fascinating history, tradition, and culture, and this Yangon city tour will give you the opportunity to explore some of the city’s icons and better understand local life here.
Meet your local, English speaking guide, jump in our van, and head to Chaukhtetkyi Pagoda, home to a reclining Buddha that's one of the most honoured in the country and one of the largest in all of Myanmar.
After a short, yet fascinating, visit to the museum, your cultural tour of Yangon will continue with a walk through the local residential area, through Kandawgyi Park. Along the way, your guide will share local stories and anecdotes, as well as answer the many questions you likely have about local life in the city. We’ll pause for a tea break and people watching before heading into the Shwedagon Pagoda.
Inside the eastern entrance of the Pagoda you’ll find a very different type of local market, which will give you an idea of how significant Buddhism is in daily life here in Burma. After enjoying the market for a bit, we’ll climb a long, stair filled corridor up to the Pagoda platform, accompanied by your guide’s explanation of locals’ unique Buddhist beliefs.
The magnificent golden dome of the Pagoda rises an impressive 98 metres above its base and is said to have been covered with tons and tons of pure gold, along with numerous precious stones such as jade, rubies, sapphires, and diamonds. Humbling in its beauty, the Pagoda dome is one of the city’s most iconic places, and is the perfect spot in which to cap off a Yangon city tour of tradition and culture.
After sufficient time exploring the Pagoda and its dome, we’ll meet our van and head back to the meeting point, about a thirty-minute drive away. Should you wish to remain at the Pagoda, you are welcome to do so, however you will be responsible for your own transportation back into the centre of town.
- Immerse yourself in Yangon culture and traditions
- Explore Chaukhtetkyi Pagoda and its revered reclining Buddha
- Wander through a local residential neighbourhood and the beautiful Kandawgyi Park
- Marvel at the beauty of the Shwedagon Pagoda and its iconic golden dome
- Observe locals and monks offering their devotions as the sun sets across the golden Pagoda
Tour Starts Time: 14:00hrs
What You Get
- Local English speaking guide
- Coach transportation & driver
- Entry fee to temple and pagoda
- Local tea/coffee
- Items of a personal nature
- Additional food and drink
- Tips/gratuities for your guide and driver
- What to bring: A hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- What to wear: Dress in Burma (Myanmar) is conservative, so lightweight, long-sleeved clothing is appropriate. Skirts, dresses, and shorts should be knee-length or below. Wear comfortable walking shoes and check the weather before you leave, and come equipped with sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and a raincoat if necessary.
- This is a child-friendly tour.
- Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour.
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Meeting Point: In front of Asia Plaza Hotel. 277 Bog Yoke Aung San Road, corner of 38th Street. Downtown Yangon.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.