Ride the rails with a local guide on this Yangon tour which takes you out of the city centre, into neighbourhoods not often seen by tourists.
At 08:30, your guide will come and pick you up at the meeting point and will take you to St.Mary Cathedral by walking about 15mins. Visit the church, learn its history and another 10mins walk will take you to Yangon Central Railway station. Jump on the circular train which is very popular among the local especially vendors. You will be the only one foreigner on the train. Now, it is the best time for local interaction, your guide will be conductor and interpret for you. You will also have a chance to try local snack which sell on train. After riding about 1 hour, we will get to Insein Station. Get off and on another train for a short ride to the highlight of this tour, Danyingone Wet market. Visit around the market, which is crowded with local people, see the colorful local products, learn their daily life. Before we take the train, we will have a few mins to spend at a local tea shop and you will have an opportunity to taste the local tea. Another short ride to Insein station, walk around 10 mins, stop at a local restaurant and treat your stomach with delicious foods before we head back to Yangon. Another 1 hr train ride will take you back to Yangon. Tour ends at Yangon Central Railway station around 2.30PM. From where, your guide will help you to take taxi or cab to your hotel or recommend more places for your own exploration in Yangon.
- Dive right into the middle of local life in Yangon
- Jump on the local commuter rail network and transit through the entire metropolitan area
- Visit a bustling, lively local vegetable market and rub elbows with locals
- Taste local Burmese cuisine at our favourite lunch spot and visit a local tea shop
- Meander through busy streets of Yangon to discover local vendors and sites rarely experienced by tourists
Tour Starts Time: 08:30hrs
What You Get
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fee of St Mary Cathedral
- Train fare
- Items of a personal nature
- Additional food and drink
- Tips/gratuities for your guide and driver.
- What to bring: A hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- What to wear: Dress in Burma (Myanmar) is conservative, so lightweight, long-sleeved clothing is appropriate. Skirts, dresses, and shorts should be knee-length or below. Wear comfortable walking shoes and check the weather before you leave, and come equipped with sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and a raincoat if necessary.
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Meeting Point: In front of Asia Plaza Hotel. 277 Bog Yoke Aung San Road, corner of 38th Street. Downtown Yangon.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.