Few tourists sail north of Mandalay, instead choosing to visit Bagan's treasures in the south. But they are missing out; from the world's biggest bell to epic sunsets, Mandalay is a gem worth visiting. So get off the beaten track and experience this magical kingdom.
Your Mandalay tour will begin with a relaxing cruise up the Irrawaddy river, past sprawling reed banks and fishermen’s huts. After braving the whirlwind of a throbbing city, this is your opportunity to relax and unwind and take in the epic scenery of one of the world’s most spectacular rivers.
After an hour of sailing, we’ll arrive at Mingun, where you can boast to all your friends on social media that you can now tick “world’s biggest bell” off your bucket list. It is also the site of the Pathodaw temple, a massive stupa that remains unfinished because the king who built it was told that he would die when the last stone was cast. It would have rivalled the great pyramid at Giza in scale had he had the nerve to complete it.
Only two minutes away is one of the most stunning and unusual pagodas in the whole of Myanmar: Myatheindan. This magnificent structure is pure white and has some robust-looking lions guarding the grand entrance. We will then check out a nearby tiny village and meet some local people who will tell you more about life on the sleepy river banks. We’ll stop somewhere where you can fuel up with drinks and snacks which is not included in tour price. Before returning to the boat and the final leg of our Mandalay tour.
Then, welcome to one of the best sunset cruises you’ll ever experience. Life has not changed much on the river; stilt villages, old pagodas, and ox ploughing the fields are some of the enduring sights you will see. Serene doesn’t even begin to cover it! Sail into the sunset like it’s the 19th century again with our local guide showing you the way.
- Sail away from Mandalay to Mingun on one of the world's most beautiful rivers
- Hear the tragic story behind the exquisite Myatheindan Pagoda
- Marvel at the largest working bell in the world
- Experience one of the best sunsets of your life on the peaceful Irrawaddy River
Tour Starts Time: 14:00hrs
Duration: 5 Hours
What You Get
- Local English speaking guide
- Boat Fare
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips or gratuities for your guide
- What to wear: As we will visit a religious pagoda, please wear clothing that covers your shoulders and knees.
- This is a child-friendly tour.
- Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
- Meeting Point: Oway Grand Hotel, No.624, 78th Street. Between 30th & 31st Street, Central Mandalay.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.