Your usual bike rides will pale in comparison to this sublime cycle through rice paddies, lush jungle, and bustling Shan villages.
After an hour of pedalling through undulating paddy fields and crossing canals, your Inle Lake adventure will take you for a relaxing dip at the Khaung Daing hot springs. We’ll then journey 10 minutes down the road to arrive at Khaung Daing village, famous for the locals' mass-scale production of traditional Shan foods such as tofu, soybean crackers and dried beans. Take a snap of a brilliant yellow field of split-pea tofu baking in the sunshine and show off your Burmese farm-to-plate credentials to friends back home.
Next, we will descend the hills for a ridiculously scenic long-tail boat trip across the lake, where a traditional lunch will be waiting for you. Your hosts will serve up an authentic menu of tribal dishes, with a Shan or Intha set menu. Everything will be cooked using the Shan traditional cooking style and nearly all of the fruit and vegetables used in this small, local restaurant have been grown in their own floating gardens.
After lunch, you can try canoeing by yourself in the compound or relax. Then it’s back to the boat for more opportunities to see the local fishermen at work, rowing their boats in the unique and iconic Inle style of twisting their leg around the oar. We will then take you back to Nyaung Shwe jetty, where your guide can recommend further things to see and do in and around this magical lake.
- Ride your bike through the stunning countryside of the Shan Hills
- Chance upon family-run mini food factories to find out how staple dishes such as tofu, soybean crackers and rice noodles are made locally
- Get a taste for traditional Shan cooking and enjoy lunch in a local restaurant
- Journey across Inle's pristine and unpolluted waters in a traditional longboat and witness the famous local fishermen hard at work
Tour Starts Time: 08:00hrs
What You Get
- Local English speaking guide
- Bike rental
- Boat fares
- Entrance fees
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips or gratuities for your guide.
- What to wear: Footwear and clothing that's appropriate for a bike ride
- Travellers under 16 years of age are not permitted on this tour
- Meeting Point: Nyaung Shwe City Hotel, No. 20, Win Quarter Nyaung Shwe Township, Southern Shan State.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.