Most people explore Inle Lake by boat; buck the trend and find some hidden gems along the way with this dreamy hiking tour, led by an expert local guide.
Your tour will begin bright and early as you meet your local guide at the meeting point and let them whisk you to the boat that will take us to our first stop. For 45 minutes we’ll glide across the lake admiring beautiful views of the green hills beyond and the idyllic stilt villages with their pretty floating gardens.
We will dock at Thale Oo Jetty and once we have disembarked the boat, your guide will give a quick safety briefing. Your scenic trek will take approximately 3 hours, taking you through some of Southeast Asia’s most spectacular panoramas; through the peaceful serenity of the Shan Hills, a mesmerising region that is famous for its rubies, sapphires and other precious gems, all of which is on the waitlist for UNESCO World Heritage status.
Passing through terrace farms, bamboo forest and lush plantations, we’ll arrive at Thale Oo, a pretty hilltop village where we will meet a friendly local family and talk to them about rural life on the lake. We’ll then share a deliciously traditional Burmese lunch with our new friends before making our way to another village.
Here we will take a walk around, admiring the different styles of home and chatting to locals about their everyday lives. The views of the lake from this are to die for, so you’ll definitely want to spend some time pondering the vistas and taking Instagram-worthy pictures that you’ll treasure forever. After a short boat ride, you’ll find yourself back in the hustle and bustle of Nyaung Shwe, where your tour ends.
Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for tips on what else to see and do on the lake and where to go for authentic souvenirs, such as lotus silks, intricate carvings and hand-made textiles.
- Trek your way through jungle-clad limestone peaks and stumble across rural villages in the mystical Shan mountains
- Enjoy a traditional lunch with a native family and learn about their way of life
- Take an atmospheric boat ride across the lake and glide past stilt-house villages, floating gardens and stunning Buddhist temples
- Admire the most remarkable views of Inle Lake, looking down upon it from a hilltop village
Tour Starts Time: 08:00hrs
What You Get
- Local English speaking guide
- Boat fees
- Meals: Lunch, water, snacks
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips or gratuities for your guide.
- What to wear: Shoes and clothes that are comfortable and appropriate for a long trek.
- Travellers under 12 years of age are not permitted on this tour.
- Meeting Point: Nyaung Shwe City Hotel, No.20 Win Quarter, Nyaung Shwe Town Ship, Southern Shan State.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.