Uxmal Day Tour With 4WD Driving
Get behind the wheel of a vintage Land Rover and drive through the plantations of Yucatán on a full-day tour from Merida. Visit the archaeological site of Uxmal and marvel at the step pyramids of the Mayan civilization.
Depart Mérida and travel to the ancient Mayan city of Uxmal by comfortable Mercedes Benz. Upon arrival, take a guided tour of the archaeological site and see landmark monuments such as the Pyramid of the Magician.
Then, experience the stunning landscapes of the Yucatán like the first explorers of the last century and get behind the wheel of a restored vintage Land Rover. Drive along the challenging roads to the ancient ruins of the Hacienda Uxmal, and look for local wildlife in the fields and plantations along the way.
What You Get
Uxmal Day Tour with 4WD Driving
Driver: 21 years old and above
- Transportation from meeting point in Merida
- Transfer to Uxmal by comfortable Mercedes Benz
- 1-hour use of a restored vintage Land Rover Defender
- Fuel and insurance
- Guided tour of the temples at Uxmal
- Iced bottled water and soft drinks
- Free access to Uxmal’s First Explorers Gallery located at the main house of the Hotel Hacienda Uxmal, favorite of royalty and dignitaries
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Admission fee to Uxmal
- Lunch at Uxmal
- Local activities and attractions
How to use:
- Please note that the driver must be over 21 years old and capable of driving a stick shift vehicle
- A brief test drive and valid drivers license may be required
- Please bring your ID and drivers license
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Choose to drive a 4x4 Land Rover on your own (single option) or share a vehicle with your friends (shared option)
- Please come in comfortable shoes and clothes
- This activity is not suitable for pregnant women, people with mobility impairments, and people with back problems
- Various meet-up points are available. Please select your preferred pick-up location upon booking
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- On the day, present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
- Fuente Parque de san Juan, Calle 67A 529, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc at 8:00 AM.
- Gran Hotel, Calle 60 496, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc at 8:15 AM.
- McDonald’s Paseo de Montejo, Paseo de Montejo 454, Itzimná, 97100 Mérida, Yuc at 8:25 AM.
- Museo del Mundo Maya, Calle 60 299 E, Unidad Revolución, 97110 Mérida, Yuc at 8:45 AM.