Explore the beautiful mountain range of Sierra Baguales on 2 medium-intensity hikes. See wild horses, mysterious landscapes, and fossils from 50 million years ago on this full-day guided trekking tour.
Trek through the wilderness of Patagonia on a full day guided excursion out into this magnificent landscape. After pickup from your hotel between 7:30 AM and 8:00 AM, you’ll head to the mysterious Sierra Baguales mountain range. On arrival at the horse ranch, you’ll enjoy a welcome coffee and cookies as you learn about the origins of the ranch.
Start off on a short trek of a half hour to visit Laguna Irene, where you can observe and photograph the birds and surroundings. As you do this, you’ll talk with your guide about the process of colonization of Patagonia, the history of the first human occupation of this place, and the habits and social importance of Patagonia for its first population.
Then, head to your next trekking starting point. On this second hike, you’ll cover 12.5 kilometers of medium inclination. Take in views of the Baguales mountain range, where pumas, guanacos, and wild horses live. After 3.5 hours of hiking, you’ll find marine fossils, dating back more than 50 million years. With a bit of luck, you may even run into a herd of horses.
Continue to a viewpoint located 1,200 meters above sea level and take in panoramic views of the entire sector, including excellent views of the various rock formations. Enjoy your packed lunch before taking the road back to the ranch, and from there, back to Puerto Natales.
Start time: 8am
What You Get
Sierra Baguales Fossil Route Trek from Puerto Natales
Person: 12 years old and above
- Pickup and drop-off to Puerto Natales
- Shared transportation
- Spanish- and English-speaking guide
- Walking sticks
- Box lunch (sandwich, water, fruit, cereal bar, assorted nuts)
- Medical insurance
- Personal expenses
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, children under 12 years old, and those with mobility problems
- Come in comfortable clothes and shoes approriate for trekking
- We recommend that you bring your passport/ID card, water, sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and your camera
- Pick-up is available from most hotels in Puerto Natales.
- You will be informed of the pick-up time after your booking has been confirmed
How to use:
- To complete your booking, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Both mobile and printed voucher is accepted. Do present it on the day of your booking to exchange for physical tickets.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from most hotels in Puerto Natales.
To complete your booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address