Sandboarding Adventure In Death Valley
Embark on an adventure unlike any other and sandboard across the dunes in San Pedro de Atacama’s Death Valley. Explore this other-worldly landscape, learn a new skill, glide down 120 meters of sand, and make unforgettable memories with your friends.
Meet your guide in San Pedro de Atacama then head off on the 13-kilometer drive to Death Valley. Soak up epic views of the rolling sand dunes and impressive rock formations that make up the landscape, giving it the nickname Mars Valley.
Arrive at the sandboarding location, an impressive dune that forms a wall of sand. Get kitted out with all the necessary gear and make your way to the top of the dune. From the summit, admire epic views of the Licancabur and Juriques volcanoes, as well as the Andes Mountains. Under the guidance of your instructor, learn how to squat and balance on the board, and how to safely descend and brake.
Once you’re feeling confident, it’s time for your first ride. Spend the next three hours gliding across the sand dune, perfecting your newfound skill, and having fun with your mates. At the end of an epic adventure, take some photos from the top of the dune, then begin the return journey to the city.
Start time: 9am or 4pm
What You Get
Sandboarding Adventure in Death Valley
Person: 13 years old and above
- Round-trip transportation from San Pedro de Atacama to Death Valley
- Bilingual instructor
- All required equipment
- Hotel pickup or drop-off
- Admission fee to Death Valley (3,000 Pesos per person in the morning, and 5,000 Pesos per person in the afternoon)
- This activity is not suitable for pregnant women.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- During the three hours, you can go up and down the dune as many times as you like
- It is recommended to bring sunscreen, water, and cash for the admission fee to Death Valley
How to use:
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Both mobile and printed voucher is accepted. Do present it on the day of your booking to exchange for physical tickets.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: in front of the sandboard shop
Address: Caracoles 362-H, San Pedro de Atacama, Antofagasta, Chile