Learn about the history of San Pedro de Atacama on this archaeological tour. Visit Tulor, a village buried beneath the sand, before arriving at Pukará de Quitor and a traditional Atacama farm.
The tour begins at the archaeological site of Tulor, in the Norte Grande natural region of the Antofagasta Region.
Continue to Pukará de Quitor, a national monument and pre-Inca archaeological site. The stone fortress, made of rock, was built in the 12th century by an agricultural population known as “Ayllu de Quitor,” before the conquest period.
At an Atacama farm, see how a local family combines the ancient traditions of agriculture and livestock with tourism, and taste some local products. Learn who lived in the area from pre-Columbian to Colonial times.
San Pedro de Atacama is considered to be Chile's "archaeological capital" due to the human remains in the area dating back approximately 12,000 years. Excavations have allowed for the gathering of important mummies and ceramic pieces which were contributed to the Archeological Museum of Father Le Paige.
Visit the museum, which shows the different stages of the Atacama cultural evolution. The history of this particular museum begins with Belgian Jesuit Priest, Gustavo Le Paige's arrival to Chile. In 1957 he and his collaborators opened the first museum in his parochial house.
Start time: 8am
What You Get
San Pedro de Atacama Archaeological Tour
Adult: 7 years old and above
Child: 2 to 6 years old
- Transportation from select hotels
- Transportation insurance
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees (CLP 8,000)
- Please come in comfortable clothes and shoes. Bring your passport/ID, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is possible from the following hotels: Hosteria San Pedro de Atacama, Casa de don Tomas, Altiplánico, Kimal and Poblado Kimal, Cumbres, Iorana Tolache.
- If your hotel is not included on the list, please head to the meeting point for pickup, located at Ignacio Carrera Pinto 451, San Pedro de Atacama, Región de Antofagasta, Chile.
How to use:
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Both mobile and printed voucher is accepted. Do present it on the day of your booking to exchange for physical tickets.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.