Orongo and Rano Kau Day Trip from Hanga Roa
Orongo is located on the right edge of the Rano Kau crater. It is a magical place where you can breathe in the mystical air of the ancient Tangata Manu or Birdman competition that was once held here.
Depart from your hotel towards the Cave Ana Kai Tangata, where in one of its walls, birds are drawn in a stylized painting, representing Manutara (sea swallows) and whose precious egg was the center of the annual Birdman competition. The Bird Man was appointed by the king and would be the spiritual and political leader during a period of one year. The sacred character is represented as a human shrunken body with a large beak and is sculpted in many engraved stones.
Later, you visit the Vinapu sector, an archaeological site that is characterized by its large balsato tiles made to fit carefully in a similar way to Inca constructions of Cuzco.
Continue to Rano Kau, a place where you will find a lake with small islands of reeds, lush vegetation and micro fauna. After the tour you will return to your hotel on Easter Island.
Start time: 9am
What You Get
Orongo And Rano Kau Day Trip From Hanga Roa
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 3 to 11 years old
- Pick-up and drop off from Hanga Roa hotels
- Bilingual guide (English or Spanish)
- Passenger Transport Insurance
- Entrance fee to Rapa Nui National Park, this ticket is required to visit the park
- Pick-up or drop off from Explora or Altiplanico hotels
- Children should be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Entrace ticket to Rapa Nui National Park is not included. Please bring cash to make payment on the tour day.
- Wear rain gear (during Winter), comfortable walking shoes and clothes, use sunblock and sunglasses
- Pick up and drop-off is from Hanga Roa hotels only; pickups are not available from the pier or cruise ship port
How to use:
- To complete your booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Both mobile and printed voucher is accepted. Do present it on the day of your booking to exchange for physical tickets.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from most hotels in Hanga Roa
To complete your booking, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address