Delight yourself by tasting local food by visiting the food area of the main market, a seafood restaurant and a sorbet and gelato store. Ideal for learning most of the main Yucatan dishes you can in a short period of time.
Discover Yucatecan cuisine! Skip breakfast this morning and visit the main market of Merida as a local. Discover the original flavors of Yucatecan gastronomy.
Among cumbia songs, colors and the kindness of their sellers, you will taste seasonal local fruits, spices, juices and the most popular art meals of Yucatan cuisine: panuchos, salbutes, cochinita pibil and much more.
While you delight your palate, you will learn about local plants and herbs, the process of making tortillas and the importance of habanero pepper in the Yucatecan kitchen.
Then, you will visit a seafood restaurant to try a ceviche, Shrimp or fish tacos and accompany them with a very cold beer.
You will end your tour with a dessert at a local Gelato shop with unique flavors like sour orange, bean with pork, bitter chocolate, avocado and flan.
The guide will fill you with stories about our customs, traditions, legends and local life in general.
Start time: 10.30am
Duration: 3 hours
What You Get
Merida Street Food Walking Tour
Adult 13 years old and above
Child: 7 to 12 years old
- English-speaking guide
- Regional food tasting
- Beverages during the tour
- Additional food or drinks
- Souvenirs or personal expenses
How to use:
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes are recommended.
- During the rainy season (May to September) it is recommended that you bring a raincoat or umbrella.
- Please arrive on time. After waiting for 15 minutes, the tour will proceed without you and it will be considered a no-show with no refunds provided.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- On the day, present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meet at the entrance of Hotel Caribe on the inner corner of Hidalgo Park at 60 x 59 Downtown Merida