Visit El Tatio Geysers to be mesmerized by the largest geothermal field in the southern hemisphere and the third-largest in the world.
Discover the third largest geothermal field in the world and the largest in the southern hemisphere in the Atacama Desert. At 4,200 meters (13,780 feet) above sea level, the Tatio Geysers are a natural marvel that will take your breath away, in more ways than one.
Leave early in the morning, before the sun is born, after pickup from your hotel. Arrive at the geysers early to have the opportunity to observe the contrast between the sunrise and the steam from the heat of the magma-affected waters. After sunrise, savor a complete breakfast with bread, cheese, ham, scrambled eggs, coffee, chocolate, milk, and jam.
Once you've eaten, spend some more time exploring the 80 geysers around the national park. Cross the geothermal field and find a thermal pool, which offers waters with temperatures of up to 30°C (86°F). Here, swim, relax, and warm up after the freezing temperatures of the dawn.
From there, ride through the Putana Valley, see local flora and fauna, and stop in a lagoon to see flamingos. Continue to the town of Machuca, where you can purchase and taste llama meat and goat's cheese, if you wish, and learn a little more about the local culture. Finish your tour with a 10-minute trek in the Guatin Canyon to a waterfall before returning to your hotel.
Start time: 4.30am
Duration: 7 hours
What You Get
El Tatio Geysers Tour From San Pedro De Atacama
- Bilingual Spanish and English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- El Tatio Geyser entrance fee (10,000 Chilean pesos per person, to be paid in cash on the spot)
- Personal expenses
- There is a locker room if you wish to change your clothes before/after entering the thermal pool
- The mornings at the geysers are always cold, no matter the time of year, so make sure you bring warm clothing
- It is recommended to bring the following:
- Warm clothing
- Change of clothes
- Pickup is available from hotels in San Pedro de Atacama. You will be informed of the pick-up timing after your booking is confirmed
How to use:
- To complete your booking, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Both mobile and printed voucher is accepted. Do present it on the day of your booking.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pickup is available from hotels in San Pedro de Atacama.
To complete your booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address