Head out from Mérida on a snorkeling adventure and escape the heat of the city. Swim and snorkel in a few of the 6,000 deep underground cenote formations of the region, and learn about the legends surrounding these watering holes.
Your Mérida tour takes you out of the city center via local public transit to a nearby Mayan village, where sustainable tourism feeds back into the local economy. You’ll meet with locals and see some of the region’s most precious natural treasures on this 7-hour excursion.
Hop on a 4-person motorbike and take off into the jungle to the first of 3 different cenotes (underground caves) you’ll visit, only accessible on 2 wheels.
You’ll learn about the geology of these subterranean worlds, and hear the stories about mysteries that surround them as you descend narrow staircases and through hollow passageways deep underground.
Escape the heat as you swim and snorkel in the fresh waters of these eerie caverns, where a world of mystery awaits just beneath the surface.
Next, your guide will lead you through the village to give you a taste of local life. Spent time with a family who will use their ancient cooking skills to prepare the delicious lunch you'll enjoy. Visit a traditional drugstore, where ancient Mayan medicinal remedies are prepared.
All of the medicines are derived from natural plants, and prepared with knowledge preserved and passed down by generations of families living in this corner of the Yucatán. You may even hear a short prayer and blessing in the Mayan language, thanking the guardians of this sacred place for your visit.
From here, you’ll begin your journey back to Mérida. If you’re feeling adventurous, you’re free to stay longer on your own to explore more cenotes in the afternoon and make your own way back to Mérida.
Start time: 8.45am
Duration: 7 hours
What You Get
Cenotes Snorkeling Adventure with Family Lunch
Adult/child: 6 years old and above
- Local English-speaking guide
- Public transportation
- Snorkel and mask
- Moto taxi ride
- Entrance fees to 3 different cenotes
- Additional food or drinks
- Souvenirs or personal expenses
How to use:
- Basic snorkeling equipment (snorkel and mask) is provided. All of the equipment is sanitized after every use, however if you prefer to bring your own equipment, please feel free to do so.
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes are recommended.
- You’ll need a swimsuit and towel for this tour so you can participate in swimming and snorkeling activities in the cenotes.
- During the rainy season (May to September) it is recommended that you bring a raincoat or umbrella.
- Leave your valuables such as passports and credit cards in the hotel and bring a small amount of spending cash for snacks, drinks, and souvenirs.
- Keep large cameras discreetly stored in a backpack.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- On the day, present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Mejorada Park, between Calle 57 and Calle 59, 97203 Mérida.