Explore the Atacama Desert riding a buggy through a variety of terrains such as riverbed crossings, steep mountain climbs, and beautiful sand dunes. Escape the hordes of tourists and learn about geology, wildlife, and the surroundings with a local guide.
Feel the wind on your face while going to places no other tourists go on this 3.5-guided buggy tour in the Atacama Desert. Drive up thrilling trails with your expert local guide, and be entertained and informed by their extensive knowledge of the area.
Begin your tour in the afternoon with pickup at your accommodation in San Pedro de Atacama. From there, drive to the local partner's headquarters with your guide. Once there, listen to a safety lecture and suit up in a helmet, gloves, and glasses. Have a look at a map to understand where the activity will place and find out the itinerary through the desert, the salt mountain range, the Flamencos National Reserve, and 2 archeological sites.
Then, let the fun begin: Set off on your approximately 50-kilometer (31-mile) buggy adventure through the Atacama Desert. Tackle a variety of terrains like riverbed crossings, steep mountain climbs, and beautiful sand dunes. Make the most of the opportunity to take pictures of pristine Atacama with no other tourists in tow.
During the tour, there will be 3 different main stops along the way to share information and take pictures. At the end of the buggy tour, you'll return to the headquarters before being dropped off at your accommodation.
Start time: 4.15pm
What You Get
Atacama Desert Guided Buggy Tour
Person: 120cm and above
- Ride along the Atacama desert, the salt mountain range, and the Flamencos National Reserve
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Safety equipment
- Water and trail mix
- Entrance fee to Aldea de Tulor Archeological site
- Passionate bilingual guide (English and Spanish-speaking)
- Personal expenses
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women, people below 120cm and those with mobility impairments
- You will be exposed to weather and wind
- Come in long pants and closed toe shoes
- Pick-up is available from most hotels in San Pedro de Atacama. You will be informed of the pick-up timing after your booking has been confirmed.
How to use:
- To complete your booking, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Both mobile and printed voucher is accepted. Do present it on the day of your booking to exchange for physical tickets.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from most hotels in San Pedro de Atacama.
To complete your booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address