Petrópolis Imperial City Tour
Discover the Imperial City of Petrópolis, one of the most important historical cities in Brazil. On this full-day tour, you'll see palaces, villas, imperial jewels, and learn about the lives of the Brazilian imperial families!
In the past, Petrópolis was the place where the Brazilian imperial family, as well as many other important people from high society, used to spend their summer vacations. Nowadays, people come from all over the world to see the well-preserved villas and palaces where they stayed.
Your tour begins with pick-up from your accommodation between 8:00 and 9:00 AM. You’ll then take the approximately 1-hour drive to Petrópolis on a comfortable air-conditioned bus. On the way, you’ll catch beautiful views of the mountains and the green spaces of the National Park of Serra dos Orgãos. Once at the city, start your visit with Quitandinha Palace, which used to be the biggest casino hotel in Latin America. Take some pictures at the palace, and then continue with a tour of the Imperial Museum, once the summer house of Emperor Pedro II. There, you’ll be able to see many important artifacts from the imperial family, such as jewels and the Emperor’s diamond crown. Your guide will teach you about the history of the Brazilian Empire and about the everyday life of the imperial family.
After a break for lunch, you’ll visit São Pedro de Alcântara Cathedral, a marvelous Gothic building which is the mausoleum of the imperial family. Afterward, explore the city and see its German-engineered architecture. Stop in at the Crystal Palace, an erstwhile events venue for the imperial family. Finally, you’ll visit the Flowers Watch and see the Santos Dumont house. Arrive back in Rio at approximately 7:00 PM.
Start time: 8am
What You Get
Petrópolis Imperial City Tour
Adult: 11 years old and above
Child: 5 to 10 years old
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Accredited tour guide
- Entrance fees for the tourist attractions
- Personal expenses
- Please come in comfortable clothes and shoes
- Pets, large bags or luggages are not allowed
- Pick-up is only available for hotels located in downtown, the Lapa district, and the south area of Rio.
How to use:
- To complete your booking, email email@example.com with your hotel address and order number.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Please present your voucher on the selected date. Both mobile and printed voucher are accepted.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is only available for hotels located in downtown, the Lapa district, and the south area of Rio.
To complete your booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your hotel address and order number.