Pedra Da Gávea 7-hour Hiking Experience
Hike up the monolithic mountain of Pedra da Gávea and get stunning views of Rio de Janeiro from 840 meters above sea level. Benefit from the services of a guide and instructor with experience of eco adventures and rock climbing.
Get spectacular views of Rio de Janeiro on an approximate 3-hour hike of Pedra da Gávea. Follow the challenging nature trails of the largest monolith in the world, starting at sea level and ascending through Tijuca National Park to an altitude of around 840 meters.
Trek through the Carrasqueira section using the safety equipment provided by your instructor, and face the challenge of basic rock climbing of approximately 30 meters in height. Once past the Carrasqueira, continue to the mountain summit, and get rewarded with amazing views of the south and west areas of Rio de Janeiro before the walk back down.
Start time: 7.30am
What You Get
Pedra da Gávea 7-Hour Hiking Experience
Person: 18 years old and above
- Guide specialized in eco adventures
- Climbing equipment
- Personal expenses
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- The duration of the hike is approximately 3 hours. It is considered difficult, with some stretches of light climbing. No previous experience of rock climbing is required
- The activity will be cancelled in the event of bad weather
- Please bring at least 3 liters of drinking water per person, light snacks, light clothing, insect repellent, sunglasses, sunscreen and shoes with good grip.
- Open-toed shoes are not allowed.
- By booking, you attest knowledge of the risk inherent in this activity
How to use:
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Please present your voucher on the selected date. Both mobile and printed voucher are accepted.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Praça Des. Araújo Jorge, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro (in the Barrinha district).