Visit the ruins of 2 Mayan sites on a full-day tour of Yaxchilan and Bonampak. Cruise along the Usumacinta River and venture deep into the heart of the Lacandon Jungle.
Benefit from early morning pick-up at your hotel in Palenque, and drive to the ancient Mayan archaeological site of Bonampak, first seen by non-Mayans in 1946. Upon arrival, get 2 hours to explore the site and look at its famous murals.
Enjoy a breakfast buffet on the road, and venture into the lush green rainforest of the Lacandon Jungle. Declared a natural monument on August 21, 1992, the forest extends over some 4,357 hectares and is still inhabited by the Lacandon Maya people. Encounter refreshing streams and marvel at the endemic flora and fauna of the dense countryside.
Upon your departure from Bonampak, take a 30-minute drive towards the frontier town of Frontera Corozal. Then, take a 1-hour boat trip to the hidden ruins of Yaxchilan, also known as "The City of Green Stones.” Once one of the most powerful Maya states along the Usumacinta River, the site is known for its decorative walls and the ruins of “The Labyrinth,” a temple with rooms spread over 3 levels and linked by interior stairways.
Get 2 hours to explore the complex and unravel some of the mysteries of its palaces, temples and public plazas. Then, journey back to Palenque and get dropped off at your hotel at the end of the tour services.
Start time: 6 am
Duration: 13 hours
What You Get
Lacandon Jungle, Yaxchilan & Bonampak Ruins Day Tour
Adult: 13 to 57 years old
Child: 4 to 12 years old
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and natural areas
- Guide (bilingual)
- 2 meals (including 1 breakfast buffet en route)
- Boat trip to Yaxchilan
- Additional food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- This tour is not suitable for the following:
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
- People with high blood pressure
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and bring sunglasses, a cap, biodegradeable sun block, camera, and extra cash in case you want to purchase souvenirs and/or food.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please be at the correct meeting point and at the right time, otherwise the driver will continue on their route and you will not be entitled to a reimbursement
- The local supplier is not responsible for any weather conditions, blockades or other manifestations that prevent the service from taking place service. Any refund will be partial, depending on the kind of incident
- Pick-up is available from most hotels in Palenque City. Please confirm your pickup time one day before your date of travel.
How to use:
- To complete your booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher. Please confirm your pickup time one day before your date of travel.
- Present the e-voucher or your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from most hotels in Palenque City
To complete your booking, please email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address.