Discover the way of life of traditional riverside communities. Take a trail in the Amazon rainforest and glide over the waters in a canoe.
After pickup from your hotel, you will be driven to the jungle to start a 2.5-hour trek through huge trees over 30 meters high. You will then reach the Jamaraquá community, located within the Tapajós National Forest. The community is part of a project to support sustainable forest management in the Amazon called the FLONA.
You will learn about how the riverside populations use natural resources in a sustainable way to grow food and make ecological leather to sell. You will also find out how the local community makes rubber.
The Jamaraquá community is one of the smallest in the Tapajós National Forest. This will be a unique opportunity to meet the locals and find out about their way of life in the jungle.
For lunch, you will enjoy a good homemade meal with Amazonian local food (fish or chicken). On your way back, you will do some more trekking, before paddling through the flooded areas of the rainforest in an indigenous canoe. You will also visit several beautiful beaches along the main river. After sunset, you will be dropped back to your hotel in Alter do Chão.
Start time: 8.30am
What You Get
Flona Tapajós National Forest Tour With Lunch
- Round trip transportation from accommodation in Alter do Chão
- Expert guide
- Community fees
- Mineral water and juice
- Snack for the walk
- Personal expenses
- This tour requires a minimum of 3 participants
- Large bags or luggage are not allowed
- Please come in comfortable clothes and shoes appropriate for the tour
- Pick-up is available from most hotels in located in Alter do Chão.
How to use:
- To complete your booking, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Please present your voucher on the selected date. Both mobile and printed voucher are accepted.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up is available from most hotels in located in Alter do Chão.
To complete your booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address