Chamula And Zinacantán Day Trip From San Cristobal
Learn more about the everyday lives and traditions of the indigenous communities of San Juan Chamula and Zinacantán on a day trip from San Cristóbal de las Casas.
Learn more about the everyday lives and ancient beliefs of the indigenous Tzotzil Maya people on an amazing day trip from San Cristóbal de las Casas.
Travel in air-conditioned comfort to the town of San Juan Chamula to get a better understanding of the mix of contemporary culture and ancient traditions that gives the town its unique aspect. Continue to Zinacantán, where the majority of the population are Tzotzil Maya indigenous people. Visit the church and the home of a family co-operative, where you will be welcomed with a regional drink and can watch the women at work on pre-Columbian waist looms.
Get invited into their kitchen to taste their traditional handmade tortillas before the return journey to San Cristóbal de las Casas.
Start time: 9.15 am
Duration: 5 hours
What You Get
Chamula and Zinacantán Day Trip from San Cristobal
Adult/child: 12 years old and above
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Spanish-speaking driver
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Optional gratuities
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This trip operates in all weather conditions. Dress appropriately
- The duration of the transfers is approximate and will depend on the time of day and traffic
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring your passport/ID card
How to use:
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Present the e-voucher or your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meet at Al Grano Café, Portal Oriente 9. Col. Centro, San Cristóbal de las Casas.