Escape the hustle and bustle of Mexico City and hike 1 of the highest volcanoes in Central America. Reach the top of the active volcano of Iztaccíhuatl and look over the stunning Valley of Mexico. Enjoy a typical meal in a small town.
Depart Mexico City and spend the day touring the Izta-Popo National Park. Following pickup from either of the 2 meeting points in the city, head to the foothills of Popocatépetl to start your hike up Iztaccíhuatl from the base of the dormant volcanic mountain. Take in the beautiful scenery and fresh air as you walk in a small group.
Your own skill level will determine how high the hike will go, so you won't feel strained beyond your abilities. Popocatépetl is Mexico’s 2nd highest peak and part of the tour offers splendid views of the valley and village of Amecameca below. Marvel at the 3,700-meter high mountain of La Joya in the famous Paso de Cortés, named after the Spanish conquistadors who crossed it on their way to Mexico-Tenochtitlan in 1519.
Descend the mountain for a light lunch in the foothills to replenish your energy. Then, commence the return trip to Mexico City and reflect on the tranquility of the mountain and the miraculous wonder of nature.
Duration: 11 hours
What You Get
Popocatépetl & Iztaccíhuatl Hiking Day Tour
- Certified bilingual guide with experience in mountaineering
- Round-trip transfer from the meeting point
- Entrance to the volcanoes natural park
- Hiking equipment
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
How to use:
- Please note that this tour involves a moderate amount of walking on irregular ground and is subject to the physical capability of the overall group
- For your own safety, follow the guidance at all times, don’t separate from the group and don’t forget to carry water and light snacks (such as chocolate, granola bars, nuts and seeds) to keep your energy up
- Wear appropriate hiking footwear (tennis shoes and sandals, as well as flat-soled casual shoes or mules are not suitable for this activity)
- Wear long pants (shorts are not suitable for this activity)
- Whilst this is not a professional tour, it is however recommended that you have are in good physical condition for hiking
- Pick-up service is available at selected locations. Kindly wait at the pick-up point 10 minutes before.
- Select your preferred pick-up timing and location when booking
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.