Mexico National Museum Of Anthropology Tour With Art Historian
Discover the fascinating Teotihuacan, Mexican, and Mayan galleries of Anthropology Museum with a certified art historian guide. Admire the stunning architecture of the building and learn everything you need to know about Mesoamerican cultures.
Meet your art historian guide at the Anthropology Museum of Mexico City who is also a certified tourist guide. Embark on a walking tour of the main galleries as you begin to discover the incredible collections inside which cover the 3 main Mesoamerican cultures - the Teotihuacan, Mexican, and Mayan.
As you begin to walk, find out why the museum was built with its specific design which resembles the architecture and religion of Mesoamerican cultures. Gain an overview of the stories, religion, mentality, and cosmologies of these historic cultures, to make the visit more comprehensible and friendly. The guide will show printed images and examples of the art form those cultures to make the explanations more accurate, clear, and enjoyable.
After visiting the museum, spend some time at the gift shop. Then, head to one of the gardens in front of the museum to experience and enjoy the "Voladores de Papantla" dance. Appreciate this 2000-year-old tradition that is part of Mesoamerican culture. Listen as your guide explains what is happening during the performance. Marvel as how 4 people climb a tall pole and then throw themselves hanging from their ankles down to the ground.
Start time: 11 am
Duration: 3 hours
What You Get
Mexico National Museum of Anthropology Tour with Art Historian
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 5 to 11 years old
- 2-3 hour walking tour through the main galleries of the Anthropology museum with an art historian guide
- Voladores de Papantla dance
- Museum tickets
- Food and drinks
How to use:
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- This tour is not recommended for children under 4
- Children must be always accompanied by an adult
- Come in comfortable shoes and clothes. You may want to bring a jacket.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Inside the lobby, right in front of the ticket booth
Address: Museo Nacional de Antropología, Av. Paseo de la Reforma s/n, Polanco, Bosque de Chapultepec I Secc, 11560 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico