Uno dos tres cuatro cinco! Join this Mexico City tour to see 3 of Mexico's best street markets. Whether you're in the market for a magic love potion, voodoo dolls, hot tamales, pretty piñatas, or exotic flowers, these markets have all bases covered.
It’s time for a food adventure. Mexico City’s markets are some of the most vibrant places in the city, and this tour opens them up to you, just as locals experience them. Your first stop is a relatively unknown market (even some Mexicans don’t know about this one). Your guide will provide you with some interesting information about the market’s unique history from the first half of the 1900s, and provide context within modern Mexican society. If you’re into the Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera story, this will definitely be a highlight.
After this, you’ll hop on public transportation to make your way to the witchcraft market, one of the most bizarre places in the city. Here you’ll find everything from your favorite superhero costume and festive piñata, to magic potions, voodoo dolls, and the ever-coveted natural cure for a hangover. You're sure to be amazed by the different colors, smells, and sheer variety of things you can find in this market.
Once you’ve found your chosen magic elixir, you’ll walk a couple blocks to the subway that will take you to the 3-in-1 market of prepared food, fresh fruits and vegetables, and an unmatched selection of flowers. This is the biggest flower market in the city, where local vendors will match the color of your eyes to their most exotic flowers. The aisles of this market are lined with stands selling fruit, herbs, piñatas, meat, fish, corn, mole, and everything in between. As you wander through the market, you’ll get to sample a cup of pineapple tepache, tamales, Mexican barbecue, fruit cocktail, and exotic mixed juices.
Finally you’ll head to a local patio for the last sample of your journey, finishing this Mexico City market tour with a “panza llena, corazon contento” meaning “full tummy and happy heart”.
Start time: 8.30am
Duration: 5 hours
What You Get
Mexico City Original Markets & Street Food Half Day Tour
Adult/child: 6 years old and above
- English- and Spanish-speaking local guide
- Public transportation costs
- Samples of local food
- Additional food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
How to use:
- You are advised to dress conservatively as you will be exploring a non-touristy areas. Long pants or jeans and a T-shirt are recommended.
- Leave your valuables, such as passports and credit cards in your hotel, and bring a small amount of cash.
- Only small cameras are allowed.
- During the rainy season (May to September), you are advised to bring a raincoat or umbrella
- Children must be always accompanied by an adult
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes, as a moderate amount of walking is involved
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- Present the e-voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Museo Mexicano del Diseño, Francisco I Madero No. 74, Col. Centro Histórico, Delegación Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 1600