See 3 of the city’s best street markets, sample local delights like cactus candy, climb to the top of Sun Pyramid, sip on sacred ancient drinks, and dine with a local family.
Join this full-day tour of bustling Mexico City for an incredible in-depth local experience. Tour the city's colorful markets, including the city's biggest flower market as well as some unknown ones hidden in the city's depths. Sample a steaming cup of atole, tasty tamales, and other Mexican treats along the way. It promises to give you an incredibly in depth local experience, from the bustle of the city markets to the peace of the suburbs and the serenity of Teotihuacan on the outskirts of the city.
Begin the day by experiencing three of Mexico City’s most exciting local street markets. The first one you visit is a relatively unknown art market, a highlight if you’re a fan of Mexico’s most famous artist exports Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera. Next make your way to one of the most bizarre markets in the city, before finally reaching a 3-in-1 market offering fresh fruits, vegetables, prepared foods, and the largest flower selection in the city. Along the way, you’ll get to taste a large variety of local food samples.
Stop for lunch at a local restaurant and dine on traditional Mexican dishes, before leaving the busy city for an exploration of the Teotihuacan Pyramids in San Martin de las Piramides town. Pay a visit to the local cactus product factory, and admire the impressive Moon and Sun Pyramids as well as the spectacular views from the top.
End the eventful day with a delicious dinner a local family's home and get a chance to see how locals live outside Mexico City. Enjoy being welcomed into their home and taste some of the real local flavors of Mexican cuisine, before boarding the bus back to Mexico City.
Start time: 8.30 am
Duration: 12 hours
What You Get
Mexico City Markets & Teotihuacan Day Tour
Adult: 12 years old and above
child: 6 to 11 years old
- English-speaking local guide
- Public transportation fees
- Food samples
- Samples of cactus products
- Visit to two sustainable family projects
- Entrance fee to Teotihuacan
- Dinner with a local family
- Additional food and drinks
- Personal expenses
How to use:
- It's a good idea to dress conservatively, as you will be visiting non-touristy areas. Long trousers or jeans and a t-shirt are recommended.
- During the rainy season (May to September), it's a good idea to bring a raincoat or umbrella.
- Please leave your valuables, such as passports and credit cards, in the hotel and bring a small amount of spending cash. Keep large cameras discreetly stored in a backpack.
- Children must be 6 years of age to 11 years inclusively. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Private transportation will be used when there are 8 or more travellers in the group.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- Present the voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Museo Mexicano del Diseño. Francisco I Madero No. 74, Col. Centro Histórico, Delegación Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 1600