Mexico City Cultural And Heritage Tour
Journey through more than 700 years in the history of Mexico City as you learn about the Aztecs, Spanish colonial period and everyday life on a full-day tour with an English-speaking guide.
Experience the best travel stories for yourself! Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this Lonely Planet Experience.
Explore the past and present of Mexico City with an English-speaking guide, and get an insight into what the future holds from a local. Learn about the culture shock the city experienced when the Spanish first arrived to colonize the Americas.
Wander the historic streets of the city center to learn more about the years of conquest and colonial period. Hear about the impact it had on native traditions, and how the Aztec gods were replaced by a new religion previously unknown to the locals.
Then, experience modern-day life in the city as you ride the subway to a community market, where you will get to taste some of the local produce. Hear interesting facts about the public transport system along the way. Grab a tasty dessert and coffee or tea at the Palace of Fine Arts (Palacio de Bellas Artes), where Mexican art and culture is showcased in a former colonial-era convent.
Start time: 9am
Duration: 7 hours
What You Get
Mexico City Cultural and Heritage Tour
Adult/Child: 12 years old and above
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Public transportation
- Samples of local produce
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal expenses
How to use:
- Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- Bring a light jacket or sweater. During the rainy season (May to September), it is recommended you bring a raincoat or umbrella
- Leave valuables such as passports and credit cards in your hotel. Only bring a small amount of cash
- Keep large cameras discreetly stored in your backpack
- You must be over 12 years old to join this tour
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an e-voucher via email
- Present the voucher on your mobile or print it out
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meet at the Hostel Mundo Joven Catedral, Calle República de Guatemala 4, Cuauhtémoc, Centro Histórico, 06020, Mexico City
Your guide will be waiting behind the Metropolitan Cathedral on the pedestrian-only street.