Travel to the stunning Salinas Grandes salt flats and be dazzled by the out of this world scenery. Walk along the spectacular Los Colorados trail after eating lunch in Purmamarca. Admire the multi-hued mountain and desert landscapes of Seven Colors Hill.
After departing from central Salta, drive through the picturesque towns of Yala, Volcán, and Tumbaya. On the way, stop at the Seven Colors Hill viewpoint to appreciate the wonderful views of the multi-hued mountain illuminated by the sun.
Arrive in the magical village of Purmamarca at the base of the Seven Colors Hill. Start by ascending the slopes of Cuesta del Lipán, Cuesta del Saladillo, and Abra de Potrerillos. Keep your eyes peeled for local wildlife including vicunas and llamas along the way. When you reach 4,150 m above sea level, be dazzled by the Salinas Grandes - a spectacular white salt plain which creates a striking contrast with the blue sky. Spend about 45 minutes at the salt plain taking in the breathtaking views.
Follow the trail back to Purmamarca where you will have free time for lunch (not included in the tour price). Take the opportunity to stroll through the charming narrow streets, admire views of the mountain, and explore the craft market.
Next, enjoy a 30-40 minute hike along the stunning Colorados trail which leads into the surrounding desert landscapes between the mountains. At the end of the tour, return to Salta on the bus where your tour will end.
Start time: 7am
What You Get
Salinas Grandes, Purmamarca & Los Colorados Hike From Salta
Person: 5 years old and above
- Transportation in bus or minivan, depending on group size
- Bilingual guide in Spanish and English
- Meeting Point pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility, pregnant women or children under 5 years old
- In this tour, you reach up to 4200 meters above sea level and it involves driving on low-quality dirt roads
- Please come in comfortable clothes and shoes. Bring your passport/ID, sunscreen and a hat
How to use:
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Both mobile and printed voucher is accepted. Do present it on the day of your booking to exchange for physical tickets.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: YPF Vision. It is a gas station which has a coffee shop named "Full". You can wait inside, your guide will fetch you from there. Please be on time.
Address: Av. Hipólito Yrigoyen 11-181, Salta, Argentina