Chalten Day Tour With Hiking Experience
Take a day trip to Chalten, a beautiful village presided over by the imposing Mount Fitz Roy. There you will have the possibility to visit two of its attractions, and will also enjoy a delicious 2-course lunch.
Your day begins at 7:30AM in the morning from El Calafate, from where you will take the mythical Route 40 which borders the Argentino Lake. Following that, cross the Santa Cruz River, before continuing to the La Leona River where you will walk through its canyon until you reach the old hotel of Paso La Leona. There you can enjoy a coffee accompanied by homemade cakes, and from there you will continue skirting the Viedma Lake with the Andes in the background.
Before reaching the village you will stop at the viewpoint of the Viedma Glacier from where you will be able to appreciate beautiful panoramic views of the glacier, the Cordillera, and the emblematic Cerro Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre. You will later arrive at the mountain village of El Chaltén after 3 hours of travel, having traveled a total distance of 220 kilometers.
After visiting the interpretation center, there is a walk to Chorrillo del Salto, an impressive waterfall due to its height and surrounding landscape. Towards noon there is lunch in the restaurant, after which optional hikes are offered to the Mirador de los Cóndores and an eagle lookout, both accompanied by your guide. At 4:30PM, you will begin your return to El Calafate.
Start time: 7.30am
What You Get
Chalten Day Tour With Hiking Experience
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 11 years old and below
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from El Calafate
- Chorrillo del Salto Hike
- Two-course lunch
- Bilingual Tour Guide English and Spanish-Speaking
- Drinks during the excursion and lunch
- Personal expenses
- This tour is not suitable for people with mobility impairments
- Pickup available from most hotels in El Calafate
How to use:
- To complete your booking, email email@example.com with your order number and hotel address
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with your e-voucher
- Please present your voucher on the selected date. Both mobile and printed voucher are accepted.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pickup available from most hotels in El Calafate
To complete your booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and hotel address