Hike up the Beautiful Mount Jerai, the second highest peak in Kedah to enjoy the scenic views
Travel north to Kedah, the “Rice Bowl of Malaysia” in about 2 hours’ drive from Penang, across the channel by ferry. Adjourn to Paddy Museum which showcases the paddy cultivation process in Malaysia, all kinds of tools and equipment used over the decades and rice grains sample from all over the world. In the state’s capital of Alor Setar, visit Dr. Mahathir’s Birthplace which provides an insight into the life of the fourth and seventh Prime Minister of Malaysia, currently the world’s oldest at 94 years old. A humble wooden home with the roof made of nipah palm, the single storey traditional stilt house was designated a historical building, restored by the National Archives and open to all visitors. Proceed for lunch at a local restaurant before driving up to the summit of Mount Jerai located in Gurun. At 986 meters above sea level, the view is absolutely breathtaking, with vast paddy fields in the backdrop. Return to Penang via the 13.5 kilometers long Penang Bridge.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointd operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.