Dinner at Penang Hill
Enjoy an evening of English cuisine and spectacular views at David Brown’s Restaurant, in a dining room set high on Penang Hill. You’ll eat surrounded by tropical plants and blooming flowers, and have time to explore the garden that wraps around the open-air dining room. This 4-hour dining experience includes hotel pickup and drop-off, a ride on the Penang Hill Funicular, and dinner at David Brown’s Restaurant.
A rare experience to dine at Colonial Penang Hill, Malaysia’s first hill station accessible by the unique funicular railway system. Take a stroll at the summit, feel the cool and refreshing air before enjoying a sumptuous set dinner at the cosy David Brown’s Restaurant, with the bird’s eye night view of George Town, Penang Bridge and part of the mainland in sight.
What You Get
- Dinner at David Brown's at Strawberry Hill, Penang Hill
- Penang Hill funicular train ride
- English-speaking local driver/guide
- Shared hotel pickup and drop-off (within Georgewon, Batu Ferringhi, Tg Tokong, Tg Bungah only)
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase)
How To Buy
1. Purchase online
2. Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org for booking of the tour:
• Your Order Number
• Hotel Details (Name, address and contact number)
3. Receive a second email confirmation with the tour details
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointd operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
- Meet a driver at your Penang Island hotel for departure, then travel to Penang Hill, or Bukit Bendera, which towers over George Town and the coast.
- Board the Penang Hill funicular railway for the trip to the summit—the funicular was built in 1923 to bring colonial-era visitors to the cooler air in the hills.
- Upon arrival, you’ll be welcomed to David Brown’s Restaurant, a Penang Hill landmark serving old fashioned British food in a romantic tropical setting. Sit down to a hearty meal, with alcoholic drinks available for purchase, and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the hill top dining room.
- After dinner, take some time to stroll around the garden, whose flower beds, ponds, and meandering paths are illuminated with soft, yellow lights when the sun goes down.
- When your evening at David Brown’s Restaurant concludes, meet the driver for the return trip to your hotel, where this dinner excursion concludes.