Tokyo West Side Cycling And Food Tour
Jump on a bike and join a cycling, walking and food adventure in the eclectic Tokyo neighborhoods of Nakano, Koenji and Asagaya. Backstreets, local attractions, dining & entertainment hubs; we'll experience it all.
Jump on board a 'mamachari' bicycle and join a like minded group of guests on an all-inclusive cycling, walking and food adventure in West Tokyo. Delve into the eclectic local neighbourhoods of Nakano, Koenji, and Asagaya as we pedal to the rhythm of everyday life on this all-season, all-weather neighbourhood jaunt.
With the insider knowledge of a seasoned local, nothing's off limits as we encounter the urban landscapes, neighbourhood attractions and enticing cuisine that gives these culturally rich areas their distinctive character. Test your cycling dexterity through the twisting backstreets, coast along the picturesque Zenpukuji River, enjoy a tailored selection of popular local snacks, experience first-hand Tokyo's unique bicycle parking systems and jostle for counter space with hungry ‘salarymen’ as we refuel for lunch.
The possibilities are endless as we set off to explore a captivating side of Tokyo on our sometimes creaky, sometimes squeak but always immaculately maintained ‘mamachari’ bikes.
What You Get
Tokyo West Side Cycling and Food Tour
- Snacks (3 snacks from neighbourhood vendors)
- Bottled Drink
- Bicycle parking fees
- Local English speaking guide
- You are expected to be competent riding a bicycle in occasionally narrow and crowded streets and on uneven surfaces for a distance of roughly 12 - 15 km / 7.5 - 9.5 mi.
- All bicycles are ‘Japanese-sized’ and come equipped with front baskets that have the capacity to hold a standard sized backpack.
- Please be understanding that this experience visits typical local eateries and that it can be difficult to cater to personal tastes, dietary requirements and food allergies.
- Group size, environmental factors and the speed in which the group eats and cycles will all impact on the finishing time of our experience. As a rough guide, it is a 3 to 4 hour outing.
- Please appreciate that you have chosen an outdoor activity that may be impacted by the weather. If we encounter a rainy day, basic ponchos will be provided and our ride generally proceeds as planned.
- You may want to bring the following items: Backpack, camera, bottle, plastic bag for rubbish, tissues, hand sanitiser, weather and activity appropriate clothing and footwear, passport/ID
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Koenji Station on the JR Train Network
Meeting time: 10am