Obsidian Strap Making On Kozushima Island
Create your own strap with polished obsidian in Kozushima, an island part of Tokyo Prefecture. Your strap can be a keychain or a phone strap which you can take home as a souvenir, a gift or a good luck charm made from rare obsidian.
In this activity, you will be making a strap using obsidian on Kozushima, an island located off the coast of Japan and is part of Tokyo Prefecture. Obsidian is a type of stone that forms when lava cools rapidly. Seen as a protection stone, obsidian is believed to ward off negative energy and rejuvenate hope in life, making it perfect souvenir or gift.
The stone is rare in Japan and the ones you’ll be using for this activity are collected by local divers at Onbase Island, a neighboring uninhabited island. Obsidian production in Kozushima has a long history dating back to the Heian period (794–1185) when it was the primary export of the island.
The strap making steps are very easy to follow. Start by choosing from an array of polished obsidians and connect the obsidian over the strings.Create and design in whichever way or style you want! The strap can be used as a key chain or a phone strap.
Duration: 40 mins
Timings: 9am, 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm
What You Get
Obsidian Strap Making on Kozushima Island
- Personal expenses
- This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants
- Children 7 year old and below must be accompanied by a guardian
- The instructor has minimal English skills. If you prefer a fluent English instructor, please arrange your own interpreter
- There is a possibility that the venue will change. The exact location will be confirmed after your booking
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting place: Kozushima Kaihatsu Sogo Center in Kozushima-mura Shoukokai (1761, Kozushima-mura, Tokyo, 100-0601)