Asakusa Half Day Walking Tour
Discover Asakusa with a guide who knows well of the history and culture of the Tokyo's No.1 tourist spot
A local guide will introduce Asakusa in detail, starting from the history of Tokyo's oldest Sensoji Temple to how to make a prayer at the temple. The tour will walk from Asakusa to Kappabashi, the kitchenware town. For lunch, try a Tokyoite's favorite food, Monja-yaki. The course of the tour can be adjusted according to the requests from the customer.
- Kaminarimon Gate: The tour starts from the Thunder Gate, the symbol of Sensoji Temple
- Nakamise Shopping Street: Visit specialty shops popular among tourists while sampling snacks such as age-manju (deep-fried sweet bun), kibidango (millet dumplings), ningyo-yaki (doll-shaped waffles), Matcha tea, Kaminari Okoshi (sweet rice cracker). Also to be visited are craft shops such as Bunsen-do dealing with folding fans and Bunkoya-Ozeki with leather items.
- Sensoji Temple: Learn how to worship before visiting the temple. Draw a fortune and make a prayer at Sensoji Temple.
- Strolling around 'Shitamachi’: The oldest Kamiya Bar → Hoppy Street → Asakusa Engei Hall theater → Marugoto Nippon shopping mall→ Hanayashiki, the oldest amusement park in Japan. Take a walk while feeling the lively atmosphere of good old 'Shitamachi' downtown.
- Kappabashi kitchenware town: You can find everything necessary for cooking as well as fascinating food samples.
- Lunch: Eat 'Monjayaki,' a Tokyoite's favorite at the long-established restaurant named "Mountain." Monjayaki is a savory pancake with various fillings, thinner than Okonomiyaki.
Meeting time: 10.30 am
Tour duration: 150 mins
What You Get
Asakusa Half Day Walking Tour
Adult: 13 years old and above
Child: 4 to 12 years old
- Tour guide
- Lunch (Monjayaki)
- Street snacks and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Children 3 years old and below may join the tour for free
- The tour requires a minimum of 2 people to proceed.
- The maximum number of people is 5
- Itinerary is subject to changes depending on the circumstances
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point：Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center
- 2-18-9, Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034