Asakusa East & West Rickshaw Tour
Catch a glimpse of the Edo period in Asakusa, often considered a part of the downtown (shitamachi) Tokyo. Experience a more slow-paced and relaxed side of Tokyo from a rickshaw!
With the Asakusa temple as a center, Asakusa can be divided into two different faces. The west side is where you can feel the atmosphere of the Edo period about 150 years ago, while the east side has a retro atmosphere from the Showa period about 50 years ago. You can enjoy visiting both sides easily on this rickshaw tour. You will also see the Tokyo SKYTREE on the way!
Places you will visit:
- Dembo-in Dori street
Dembo-in Dori is 150 meters long street that connects between the shopping arcade. On one side of this street is the Dembo-in Temple, where the street's name comes from. You can see the signboard designed from old Japanese stuff or paintings, have a walk and enjoy finding historical arts outside!
- Nitenmon Gate
"Nikko Toshogun" is located in the Tochigi Prefecture north of Tokyo, which is where Tokugawa Ieyasu, who was the first shogun warrior of the Tokugawa Shogunate, lived. This Nitenmon Gate was built as an alternative place for people to visit easily as Nikko Toshougu is far from Tokyo. The vivid red gate is designed as a distinct and important cultural property.
- Tokyo SKYTREE
Tokyo SKYTREE is the highest broadcasting tower in the world. It is 634 m high, holding the Guinness World Record. Because of its height, sometimes the top is covered by cloud.Besides the height, the beautiful design and lights are also outstanding, reflecting Japanese specific colors.
- Dembo-in Temple
Dembo-in temple is the historical temple where the souls of Shogun warriors sleep. The gate (Mon) was built 400 years ago and luckily has never been damaged by bombs during wars, fire, or huge earthquakes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Timings: 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm, 3.30pm, 4.30pm, 5.30pm
What You Get
Asakusa East & West Rickshaw Tour
- 30 mins ride around Asakusa
- If you are less than 16 weeks pregnant, you will not be allowed to ride the rickshaw due to safety concerns
- If you are pregnant in your stable period (after 17 weeks), you can have a ride. However, please note that a Rickshaw can shake and you need to put a seat belt on.
- Depending on the number of people you have, please select the appropriate options
- Each rickshaw can seat two persons. If you have 3 people, 1 person will ride alone.
- Places visited may be subject to changes depending on circumstances
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Kaminarimon, The Thunder Gate