Enter the mystical Japanese forest Aokigahara with an experienced nature guide and explore the secrets and beauty of Japan's most famous and dense forest!
The Aokigahara Jukai, 'the sea of trees', spreads across the northwest foot of Mt. Fuji, and is a forest growing atop the lava that flowed during the eruption of Mt. Fuji in 864 (the great eruption of the Jougan era), some 1,150 years ago.
The Aokigahara Forest spans approximately 3,000 hectares but the soil has lain quite thin. The roots of the trees do grow horizontally seeking nutrition. It is also a highly unusual forest in which it is comprised primarily of hemlock fir, Japanese cypress, and other evergreen needle-leaf trees, and broadleaf trees such as longstalk holly, Japanese andromeda, oak, Fuji cherry, and maple.
This tour will take you on a walking tour to experience the sea of trees and the lava caves that lie beneath the surface. Your guide, who is an expert on Aokigahara will provide you with interesting facts about the area and will show you around safely. Visit this wonderful forest full of amazing scenery, clean air, and a friendly guide!
2 hour route:
- The Wind Cave
- Aokigahara Nature Trail
- The Ice Cave
4 hour route:
- Lake Kawaguchiko
- Wild Bird Forest Park
- Aokigahara Nature Trail
- The Bat Cave
- Omuro Sengen Shrine
Duration: 2 or 4 hours
What You Get
Aokigahara Kawaguchiko Walking Tour
- Personal expenses
- Admission fee
- This tour requires a minimum of 3 participants and is open to a maximum of 5 participants
- The price for adult and child are the same.
- The provided routes are for reference only and may be subject to changes. The routes will be flexibly arranged by the tour guide depending on seasonal and weather conditions, as well as guests' interest.
- The exact meeting point will be set by your guide after booking confirmation but will be in the area of either Fugaku Wind Cave Bus Stop, or Kawaguchiko Station in Yamanashi prefecture. Transportation to the start point is not included in the tour price.
- Please note that transportation from Kawaguchiko Station to Fugaku Fuketsu bus stop is not included. You may need to take the local bus (about 670 JPY one way) or a taxi. Please prepare cash in advance because there are few ATMs at Kawaguchiko Station.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.