Famed for its traditional onsen, beautiful parks and unique museums, Hanamaki City is overflowing with fantastic sightseeing spots for the visitor, including several renowned museums.
The best, and most fun way, to explore Hanamaki City is by Donguri Yamaneko, a local retro jumbo taxi. Incredibly stylish and comfortable, this taxi ride is bound to be one of the most memorable rides of your life.
This enthralling half-day tour departs twice a day, with different itineraries for morning and afternoon tours that include short stops lasting between 20 and 40 minutes, to discover some of the area’s must-see museums.
- Pickup between 08:15-09:15
- Takamura Kotaro Museum
- Miyazawa Kenji Ihatobu Center
- Hanamaki Nitobe Memorial Museum
- Concludes at JR Shin-Hanamaki Station at 12:00
Takamura Kotaro Museum
A resident of Hanamaki City for seven years between 1945 and 1952, Takamura Kotaro was a well-known sculptor and poet. This fascinating museum explores the story of his life, accompanied by several of his artworks and personal belongings.
Hanamaki Nitobe Memorial Museum
The Hanamaki Nitobe Memorial Museum is a tribute to the Nitobe family, who lived in Hanamaki for 220 years. The family were known for their philanthropic contributions to the city, especially in creating new rice fields to develop the surrounding region. Inazo Nitobe, born in 1862, was so renowned that he appeared on the former 5000 Yen note.
Kenji Miyazawa Ihatobu Center
Another of Japan’s best-loved authors, the works of poet and children’s writer Kenji Miyazawa are celebrated at this museum showcasing artworks and original texts. Several of his works were made into anime films, and can be seen on display.
Tour duration: 8.15am to 12pm
What You Get
Hanamaki City Museums Morning Tour in a Retro Taxi
Adult/Child: 3 years old and above
- Admission to museums
- Jumbo retro taxi fare
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 persons
- Please inform us of your preferred pick-up point via email at email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.