Discover the Kansai district (Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto & more) with this convenient rail and bus pass!
Imagine complete convenience and flexibility when it comes to planning your travel itinerary route: That’s exactly what the Kansai Thru Pass offers! With just one pass, you can take the subways, private railways, and buses in the Kansai district. This includes Osaka , Kobe, and Kyoto, allowing you to visit Nara Wakayama, and Koyasan.
The Kansai Thru Pass comes in two- and three-day options, and can be used on separate, non-consecutive days. This means that if you buy a three-day pass, you can use it on any three days of the week, instead of say, Monday to Wednesday, for instance. The pass also entitles you to discounts at top attractions and places of interest in the region, including (but not limited to) Temposan Ferris Wheel, Kobe Bay Cruise, and Toei Kyoto Studio Park.
Please see below for the full range of transport networks you can take.
Do note that the Kansai Thru Pass is not eligible for use with the Japan Rail (JR) network. If you want to take JR trains, buses, or ferries, please purchase a JR Pass here.
Kansai Thru Pass
12 years old and above
6 to 11 years old
Who is eligible to purchase Kansai Thru Pass?
1. Foreign tourists visiting Japan from abroad on a short stay entry status.
2. Japanese nationals living abroad.
What discounts am I entitled to?
Please click here for discounted facilities
Please note that the tourist discounts are only valid on the days of usage of the pass. The Pass can be used on non-consecutive days during its period of validity (example: Mon, Wed and Fri in the case of a 3-day ticket).
- The Kansai Thru Pass is only valid for non-Japanese tourists visiting Japan for the purpose of sightseeing and Japanese nationals living abroad (with overseas permanent resident status or with a permanent residence card)
- Do note that the Kansai Thru Pass is not eligible for use with the Japan Rail (JR) network
- Please note that the e-vouchers must be redeemed by until 31 March 2020
- The e-voucher cannot be used directly and must be exchanged for a phyiscial ticket at the designated redemption counters
- Please present the QR Code on the e-voucher for exchange for the physical ticket
- Please note that you will be required to present your passport for verification when exchanging for the physical ticket
- The date of use of the ticket is not specified and can be used on any day withing the validity period
- Please note that the physical ticket must be used by 30 April 2020
- For more information on the Kansai Thru Pass, please refer here
How To Use
1. Select the preferred date and purchase online
2. Receive an email with the redemption voucher.
3. Present QR Code on e-voucher in exchange for your physical tickets from the below Japan counters
4. Present the ticket to the operator for entry
Osaka Kansai Airport First Terminal Arrival
International route arrival hall north exit JTR Counter
Opening Time: 08:30 ～22:00
Telephone number: 0081-80-4011-8818 (Chinese)
Edion Namba Tourist Information Center
1F Edion Namba Building, 3-2-18 Namba Chuo-Ku, Osaka 542-0076, Japan
Opening Time: 10:00 ～21:00 (From 2/3/2020 onwards, operation hours will be temporarily adjusted to: 10:00 – 19:00)
Telephone Number: 0081-06-6684-9330
Terms and Conditions
- Kansai Thru Pass is inclusive of the Airport Express (Nankai main line).
- For train lines unavailable for use in conjunction with the metro pass, cash in Yen will be paid on board the train.
- The Kansai Thru Pass can be used on non-consecutive days during its period of validity (example: Mon, Wed and Fri in the case of a 3-day ticket).
- The e-voucher are valid for exchange until 31 March 2020
- Please present the QR Code on the e-voucher to collect the physical tickets from the preferred Japan counter.
- The e-voucher is accepted only at Japan counters.
- When using for transportations, it is valid from the first service through the last service within a day. (Not for 24 hours from the time first used.)
- The e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.