Kamikochi is a mountain resort designated as a Special Place of Scenic Beauty of Japan and a Special Natural Monument of Japan. Visit the resort with ease with a bus from Nagoya!
Kamikochi (上高地, Kamikōchi) is a popular resort in the Northern Japan Alps of Nagano Prefecture, offering some of Japan's most spectacular mountain scenery. It is a roughly 15 kilometer long plateau in the Azusa River Valley, about 1500 meters above sea level. It is surrounded by tall mountains, including Nishihotakadake (2909 m), Okuhotakadake (3190 m), Maehotakadake (3090 m) and the active volcano Yakedake (2455 m)
In the center of Kamikochi a short walk from the bus terminal, stands the Kappabashi (Kappa Bridge). uilt in 1891 on the River Azusa, Kappa Bridge is the symbol of Kamikochi. It is a wooden suspension bridge located at the centre of Kamikochi in a five-minute walk from Kamikochi’s coach terminal. The view of Hotaka Mountains, Mt Yake, the River Azusa, and willows from the bridge is stunningly beautiful. You can also have a break at the coffee shop of Gosenjaku Hotel nearby. From the Kappabashi, hiking trails lead up and down the valley and towards the summits of the surrounding mountains. We recommend walking from Taisho Pond to Kappa Bridge, which will take approximately 70 minutes for the 3.5km walk.
- 6.40 am: Pick up from Nagoya Station West Exit ESCA Underground Shopping Mall
- Kamikochi: 180 minutes
- Nyukawa: Shopping
- 7.30 pm: Drop off at Nagoyra
Meeting time: 6.40 am
What You Get
Kamikochi Mountain Resort Day Trip from Nagoya
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 6 to 11 years old
Infant: 3 to 5 years old
- Admission fees specified in the itinerary
- Children age 2 and below may join the tour for free. However, the child will not be entitled to a seat. If your child requires a seat, please purchase an infant ticket.
- The infant ticket includes a bus seat only.
- As meals are not included, it is advisable to get something to eat before arriving at Kamikochi at service stations on the expressway etc. as restaurants in Kamikochi are extremely busy during the season.
- In the event that Abo tunnel is closed, the tour will visit Takayama city instead of Kamikochi. No refunds will be provided.
- It is recommended to wear a pair of walking shoes and bring rain wear and extra clothes that you can put on and off according to the weather and temperature of the day. As Kamikochi is a mountainous region at 1,500m above sea level, the weather is variable and the temperature is usually 5-12 degrees Celsius lower than Matsumoto, a town located at the foot of the mountains at 600m high. Kamikochi occasionally drops below zero especially in early spring or at the turn of the seasons. It even snows in early May and goes lower than 10 degrees Celsius in the middle of the summer.
- Wearing clothes and shoes that let you move easily and comfortably is strongly recommended.
- Visiting spots might be very cold. Bringing thick winter clothes is strongly recommended.
- Please bring picnic sheets/rugs etc., a rucksack, raingear, water bottles, medication, garbage bags, high energy snacks and clothing and shoes suitable for walking and hiking.
- Please cooperate with the National Park's rules and take garbage back with you.
- There are some days when sightseeing buses cannot enter Kamikochi due to bus control regulations. On those days, we will switch to the shuttle bus and take you to Kamikochi. There may be occasions when you have to use an auxiliary seat.
- Depending on the road conditions on the day, the order of the itinerary may change.
- The best viewing season of autumn leaves differs according to the weather conditions.
- This tour is operated with a mixture of Japanese and foreign guests. A staff member will give you the basic information, such as meeting place and time at each stop in English or Chinese, although they won’t give you detailed information on the places visited.
- We will not be responsible for any delays, shortenings or omissions made to the itinerary due to circumstances beyond our control (traffic, weather etc.)
How to Use
- After making your bookings, send your full name, gender and age of each traveller to email@example.com
- Upon receiving your details, your booking will be processed within two working days
- A second confirmation will be sent to you.Your booking is only confirmed when you receive this email.
- Present this confirmation email to the tour operator
How to Get There
Nagoya Station West Exit ESCA underground shopping mall