Ikebana Experience And Walk About Arimatsu
Learn the basics of Ikebana - flower arrangement and try it yourself
In this activity you will be able to enjoy the art of Ikebana, Japanese flower arrangement, in a local house not far from Nagoya. The teacher Kayoko speaks fluent English. She's happy to teach flower arrangement in English to foreign people. She will first explain history and how it is related to seasonal event. There will then be a demonstration by the teacher before the experience. You will be trying the basic Moribana Style using a shallow container with weight and a needle. After the experience, have some Japanese tea and sweet as you appreciate your masterpiece. To end off, walk along Tokaido street in Arimatsu, a traditional architecture preservation district, and visit shops that sell tie-dye goods.
- 13:30: Meet at Zengo Station ticket gate and go to Kayoko’s house
- 13:40-14:00 Introduction to the activity. Ikebana demonstration by Kayoko.
- 14:00-15:00 Experience an ikebana lesson.
- 15:00-15:30 Tea & sweet break. Instructor’s comments on each ikebana work.
- 15:45〜17:00 Go to Arimatsu (traditional architecture preservation district) and visit shops that sell tie-dye goods.
Time: 1.30 pm
Duration: 2.5 hours
What You Get
Ikebana Experience and Walk about Arimatsu
- Flower and materials
- Tea & Sweet
- Experience fee
- Train ticket/ transport
- Personal expenses
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Ticket gate of Zengo station (Meitetsu line)