An English-speaking local guide who's very knowledgeable about Mt. Hakodate will show you to historic and hidden fortresses
Mt. Hakodate is the generic name of the whole area with a range of 12 low mountains, a result from volcanic activity. The building of the fortresses started in 1895, and 5 batteries, large and small, were built. The ruins of the batteries are scattered in the mountain. As they are getting old, there are areas off-limits or not accessible to amateurs. The experienced guide who knows Mt. Hakodate well will provide you with a comfortable and reliable tour.
You will start hiking along the mountain path and go on an expedition while listening to stories about Mt. Hakodate, such as nature, and the history of fortresses built to provide against the war. There still remains the control center, the powder-magazine, water tank, observatory, as well as batteries. You will be able to appreciate a stunning panoramic view of Hakodate town on a sunny day. Beside exploring the fortress ruins, you can also enjoy nature observation like flowers and birds unique to Mt. Hakodate.
As the incline is relatively moderate, you can leisurely enjoy hiking in the mountains. Why not take pictures with the fortresses as the background, a sight you could only see in movies until now?
- Meet up at the Mt. Hakodate Ropeway Sanroku Station at the foot of the mountain
- Start hiking along the mountain path
- Visit three fortresses（possibly two, depending on the walking pace）
- Take a break for 20 to 30 minutes for using toilet and having a snack
- Go down the mountain
- The tour ends at Mt. Hakodate Ropeway Sanroku Station at the foot of the mountain
Activity timing: 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm
Duration: About 3 hours
What You Get
Mt Hakodate Hiking Tour
Adult/Child: Age 10 to 70
- Guide fee
- A bottle of water (500 ml)
- Snack (typical Japanese snack)
- Personal expenses
- This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants
- Those who have serious diseases such as heart condition cannot participate in the tour
- Please come in clothes and shoes that you do not mind getting dirty
- Depending on the season, please dress appropriately. E.g. Snowsuit or jacket in the winter
- Do note that the hike will take about 3 hours. Please take this into consideration before booking.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: In front of the Mt. Hakodate Ropeway Sanroku Station at the foot of the mountain
- 19-7, Motomachi, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido
- The staff will wait with a signboard