Experience a Japan farmstay in a renovated traditional farmhouse. Journey to the mountains east of Matsuyama City to experience local life, eat, shop, and enjoy a cycling tour of a picturesque Japanese landscape.
Ehime Japan is blessed with bountiful natural splendor. Here on the island of Shikoku, you can have a rare authentic Japanese countryside lifestyle experience. Enjoy this unique opportunity to spend a night in a traditional Japanese farmhouse in Tōon ("Toe-Own") City, far removed from the hustle and bustle of a big city. Tōon City, an area characterized by steep, forested valleys, boasts immense natural beauty. Each season presents a distinct look and feel of scenery.
Spend the night at Kondoke House, a recently renovated traditional Japanese farmhouse, located about an hour away from Matsuyama City, the capital of Ehime Prefecture. After a peaceful night's rest in the country air, enjoy a day of cycling through the picturesque landscape on a guided cycling tour.
Originally constructed in 1890, Kondoke was recently renovated and converted into a simple yet classy accommodation. While this renovated farmhouse does not offer many of the amenities or modern comforts one finds in a city hotel, Kondoke House boasts a peaceful tranquility born of a simple local lifestyle and rich natural scenery.
At Kondoke House you'll experience cooking with traditional ingredients, watching the starry sky, and enjoy relaxing in the peace and quiet of the Japanese countryside. The next day, take a guided cycling tour around Tōon City. Visit quaint shopping streets, local shops, and sample local foods prepared using techniques passed down through many generations.
Sample Itinerary (for reference only)
- 16:00 - Pick-up at Yokogawara Station (30 min from Matsuyama City Station)
- 17:00 - Arrive at Kondoke House
- 18:00 - Cook dinner, including tempura, using local ingredients
- 9:30 - Pick-up from Kondoke House and guided cycling tour
- 11:30 - Cycling tour ends in downtown Tōon City
- 12:00 - Return the bikes, pick up your luggage and return back to Yokogawara Station
What You Get
Toon City Farmstay & Cycling Tour
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 6 to 11 years old
- Kondoke House accommodations
- Amenities: bath towel, face towel, toothbrush, hairband, yukata,
- Internet service (WiFi), kettle, fridge, microwave oven, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, hairdryer, and slippers
- Konodoke House dinner
- Konodoke House breakfast
- Bicycle rental
- Guide fee
- Shopping expenses
- Kondoke House snacks or drinks
- Minimum 2 participants are required to join this activity
- There are no convenience stores near Kondoke House
- Snacks and beer are available for purchase at Kondoke House (to be paid separately after check-out)
- Feel free to bring your own drinks/snacks
- If cycling tour is canceled by bad weather, you will be able to choose from four activities in place of cycling: zazen, rice cake making, sake (doburoku) brewery tour, or fruit-picking (seasonal)
- Please bring appropriate clothing and shoes for the cycling tour
- Please note that as Kondoke House has paper sliding doors separating the tatami mat rooms, the privacy level is much lower than in a hotel
- The experience includes a simple dinner and breakfast made using traditional farm-grown ingredients.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Yokogawara station