The Shimanami Kaido cycling route provides stunning views of the Setouchi Inland Sea. This cycling and chartered taxi tour is ideal for anyone who doesn't have time to cycle the entire 70 km, or who prefers to experience other attractions along the route.
Shimanami Kaido is Japan's most popular cycling route, spanning over 70 kilometers between Ehime and Hiroshima prefectures. The route passes several large islands in the Setouchi Inland Sea which are all connected by impressive suspension bridges.
Thousands of cyclists from Japan and all over the world choose Shimanami Kaido as their cycling destination every year. If you wish to feel the pleasant sea breeze in your face and see astonishingly beautiful views of the Setouchi area without cycling for over 70 kilometers, this short cycling and taxi tour is ideal for you!
You will be picked up by chartered taxi at Imabari Station and will head towards the Sunrise Itoyama terminal, where you will ride a bicycle and start your cycling journey. The Kurushima Kaikyo Bridge (actually three bridges) spans some 4 kilometers, connecting Shikoku with Oshima, the first large island on the Shimanami Kaido.
Cycle about 40-50 minutes to Oshima Island on the dedicated cycling lane and see stunning views of Setouchi Inland Sea dotted with hundreds of picturesque islands.
After you reach Michi no Eki Yoshiumi Ikiikikan on Oshima, you can leave your bike and take the chartered taxi for an interesting tour around the island. Among the spots you will visit are the Kirosan Observatory and the Murakami Kaizoku Museum devoted to the guardian warriors of Setouchi Inland Sea. Finally, the taxi will take you back to Imabari Station.
- 13:00 - Pick-up from Imabari Station by chartered taxi
- 13:20 - Arrive at Sunrise Itoyama terminal
- Cycle Kurushima Kaikyo Bridge to Michi no Eki Yoshiumi Ikiikikan, Oshima
- 14:30 - Chartered taxi tour
- Kirosan Observatory, Murakami Kaizoku Museum (entrance not included)
- 16:30 - Drop-off at Imabari Station or Oshima Island highway bus stop
Tour duration: 4 hours (1pm to 4.30pm)
What You Get
Shimanami Kaido Cycling and Driving Tour in Ehime
- Bicycle rental
- Helmet rental
- Chartered taxi
- Bridge toll for taxi (1780 JPY)
- Bridge toll for cycling : 200 JPY
- Murakami Kaizoku Museum admission: 300 JPY
- Imabari Castle admission: 500 JPY
- Choose between a cross bike or an ordinary bike.
- You must wear a helmet (helmet rental included in tour fee)
- In the case of strong winds or heavy rains, we may cancel the cycling tour. Instead, please select a spot for an extended taxi tour: Imabari Towel Museum, Saisaikiteya shopping center or Imabari Castle (admission fee is not included).
- Please bring clothing and shoes for cycling, including a jacket for bad weather. If you don't have a cycling jacket, you may purchase one at Sunrise Itoyama terminal
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Imabari Station East Exit
Meeting time: 1pm