Board the boat and getting close to a oyster farming raft and watch the oyster harvesting up close. Worship Itsukushima Shrine from the sea.
For the oyster harvesting experience, we assemble at Shimada Suisan, and go to the oyster farming raft by boat. There is a briefing and preparation for the tour before we board the boat. Then, let's go to the oyster farming place! We arrive at the oyster farming place in about 10 minutes. You can enjoy watching the oyster harvesting up close to the oyster rafts, which will be a valuable and amazing experience for you! The view of a large number of oysters cultured on a 10-meter fishing strand appearing from the sea is really magnificent!
After watching the oyster harvesting, proceed to the Itsukushima Shrine for worship from the sea. Many people have been visiting Itsukushima Shrine, a shrine for the god of sea traffic, for a long time. They say many people visited the shrine by ship to pray for the safety of their journey before sailing out to sea. It depends on the tide how close the ship can get to the shrine.
After the worship at Itsukushima Shrine, go back to Shimada Suisan and enjoy special fisherman dishes! We serve delicious hot rice porridge with fresh oysters to all of you whose bodies may have become chilly because of the cold wind from the sea. Please select the add-on if you would like some porridge. We hope you will enjoy the hot rice porridge and warm yourself up.
Time: 7 am
Duration: 2 hours
What You Get
Itsukushima Shrine and Oyster Harvest Boat Experience
Adult: 18 years old and above
Child: 6 to 17 years old
- Please note that the Itsukushima Shrine O-Torii Gate is under renovation since June 2019. You may not be able to see the gate as per normal
- This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants
- Please arrive at Shimada Suisan 10 minutes before the tour starts.
- The landing pier and the deck of the boat are very slippery, so make sure you wear clothes and shoes easy to move around in.
- The boat used for this tour does not have a cabin and a roof, so please dress warmly.
- The boat does not have a restroom, so please make sure you relieve yourself before boarding the boat.
- Please arrive at Shimada Suisan 10 minutes before the boat leaves. We apologize in advance that if you arrive late for the departure time, we are supposed to deal with your reservation as a cancellation on the day the tour.
- Please note in advance that the tour might be canceled because of the weather or other circumstances.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
1-2-6 Miyajimaguchi Nishi, Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima 739-0412