Hiroshima Cycling Peace Tour with Local Guide
Peace cycling tour in Hiroshima with a local tour guide that will show you around surviving buildings and places of atomic bombing in Hiroshima via electric bikes
Hiroshima is the first atomic bombed city in the world. It was a tragic event in history. Once the A-Bomb Dome became the focus of controversy about whether to preserve or to destroy it because the ruin will remind the survivors of horrible memories. However, it was decided to preserve as the symbol of peace to convey the tragic atomic bombing experience. It is designated as UNESCO World Heritage site in 1996. Hiroshima city has a lot of places and monuments related to the atomic bombing. The tour will involve cycling around these places on an electric bike to feel the backstory of Hiroshima with a local guide. It is said that nothing can grow in Hiroshima for 70 years but Hiroshima had achieved the reconstruction by the great effort of citizens of Hiroshima. You can feel the real lives and energy of the city while cycling around Hiroshima.
- 【10:00/14:00】 Meeting up
- 【10:30/14:30】 Enko River: Hiroshima has developed along with the rivers. The guide will tell you the geographical features of Hiroshima and so on while looking at the scenery.
- 【10:45/14:45】 Hiroshima Castle: You are shown to Hiroshima Castle and Gokoku Shine and learn about culture and history. There is the remain of the headquarter where the initial report of the atomic bombing was transmitted. The guide will you tell you the situation right after the A-bombing and the sufferings of the victims.
- 【11:15/15:15】 Peace Memorial Park: The guide will you show you to the Atomic Bomb Dome and so on. He will introduce stories from the locals' point of view not known from the exhibitions in the Museum and books.
- 【11:50/15:50】Sendamachi, Miyukibashi Bridge, Kyobashi River, etc.: The guide will show you the actual townscape of Hiroshima in the suburbs away from the touristic area. You will find beautiful Hiroshima vigorously revived from the tremendous damages by the atomic bombing while visiting numerous A-bomb heritage sites and listening to the episodes handed down in Hiroshima.
- 【13:00/16:00】 The tour finishes at the meeting point
Tour duration: 3 hours
- Mon - Sat: 10am or 2pm
- Sunday: 10 am
- Please indicate your preferred time slot when making your booking. Do note that this is subject to availability and we may allocated an alternative timeslot to you if your preferred time is not available.
What You Get
Hiroshima Cycling Peace Tour With Local Guide
Adult/child: Above 145 cm/ 4.8ft
- Rental bicycles
- English speaking guide
- Regardless of age, customers taller than 145cm/4.8ft can participate
- Children below the height minimum who don’t get to ride the bike may join the tour for free. Bikes with child seats are available.
- The itinerary may change depending on the circumstances
- Please indicate your preferred time slot when making your booking. Do note that this is subject to availability and we may allocated an alternative timeslot if your preferred time is not available.
- In the event of inclement weather, the wet weather plan is as follows:
- Take a streetcar, the symbolic transportation of Hiroshima, to go around the city.
- The streetcar in Hiroshima was also devastated by the blast of the atomic bombing, but it started running 3 days after the bombing. This encouraged depressed people at that time.
- 10:00 Meet up
- Hiroshima Station ~ The A-Bomb Dome ~ The Hypocentre ~ Hondori ~ The Former Hiroshima Branch of the Bank of Japan ~ Fukuromachi Elementary School (A-bombed school building) ~ Warped Window Frames ~ A-bombed Willow Tree
- The tour will finish around 13:00
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting Place: Peacecle Office
Address: 2-29 Kyobashi-cho, Minami-ku, Hiroshima-city