Get acquainted with the Eternal City on this perfect Rome walking tour as you get an inside scoop on the history and characters that made the city what it is today.
Rome can baffle even the most seasoned travellers with its beautiful chaos. This tour is all about getting you acquainted with some of the city's biggest sights, helping you find your way around, and giving you the tips, tricks, and suggestions that will prepare you for a fantastic visit.
You'll start at the world-famous Piazza Navona where Romans gather every evening to enjoy some of the city's most impressive outdoor art and its relaxed street life. You'll learn the history and lore behind Bernini's famous Fountain of the Four Rivers and the truth behind its hidden messages.
Then it's on to the Pantheon, Rome's best-preserved ancient building. As the crowds begin to thin you'll enter to explore this 1,900-year-old building. Once a temple to the ancient gods, today the Pantheon is a church and burial place for some of Italy's most important historic figures - your guide has some pretty juicy stories about their lives and deaths too.
After all this walking you deserve a break, so we'll stop for gelato before continuing to the iconic Trevi Fountain. As you throw a coin or three into the water, you'll learn the lore behind what each one means for your future.
Finally, your city stroll will end high atop the Spanish Steps, where you can grab a couple of postcard-perfect photos with a classic Roman backdrop.
In just one evening, you'll learn enough history to give your entire vacation context but that's not the only advantage of starting your trip with a local guide. Throughout your time together, they'll answer all your questions, however irrelevant, and give you tips on getting around the city, where to eat (and where not to eat), what to see and all the other things that will help you have the most authentic experience of Rome.
- Tour duration: 2.5 hours
- Visitors under 2 years of age may participate in this tour free
- Tours run rain or shine so please dress for the elements. Visitors are advised to bring along hats and sunscreen when participating in this tour during summer
- Visitors are advised to observe appropriate dress codes when visiting the Pantheon. Visitors visiting the Pantheon are required to have their shoulders and knees covered before entry into the premises
- Please be informed that every sight on this tour is wheelchair accessible and is suitable for wheelchair users
Tour departs at 17:00 hrs
*Kindly note that the tour departure time is subjected to change; any alternative arrangements will be communicated via email
What You Get
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity fees
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile booking confirmation to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to email@example.com at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.
How to Get There
Kindly refer to your booking confirmation for instructions and directions to the meeting point.